PDA

View Full Version : feeling very odd!!!

judipat
17-07-09, 22:46
me again
Since i posted yesterday when I had a funny turn/panic attack after doing a lot in the garden, I feel very odd today.
All day, I've felt very panicky and at one point, I felt I could'nt actually talk. Someone asked me something and I could'nt get my words out. Its as if my brain got stuck!! This is a new one for me. I'm used to my mind racing and darting from one subject to another (thats quite normal for me!!!) but I actually could'nt speak and I feel really wierd.
Anyone else ever felt like this????
Judi x

nomorepanic
17-07-09, 22:54
Hi Judi

This is a hard one as it could be related to yesterday or it could be something wrong.

How do you feel about it?

I know deep down when something is anxiety and when it is not right and I am genuinely ill.

Anxious_gal
17-07-09, 23:05
I myself find that my voice seems to get stuck when I'm anxious its like the muscles in my neck tighten up.
it reminds me of stage fright haha.
I hate NEW symtoms too

honeybee3939
17-07-09, 23:07
Hi Judi

Sounds to me like you could have overdone things. Do you often do gardening or was it a one off thing? Im not used to gardening( we have moved home and now have a large garden, and a couple of months ago i decided to spend the day in the garden but only lasted a couple of hours! My heart started racing and i felt dizzy etc to be honest it put me off gardening all togeather as i felt so ill !:ohmy: Im going through the menapause at the moment and its causing all kinds of symptoms, im forgetting things too.

Try not to do too much all at once hun.

Hope you feel better soon
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

judipat
17-07-09, 23:32
thanks for replies guys.
Nic, you've kind of scared me!! This afternoon, the first thing I thought was, I'm having a stroke.
I've have had anxiety/panic attacks for many years and most of the time I can control things and reason with myself. Other times, especially with new symptoms, I question - is this anxiety or something else?? its very difficult sometimes.
I do think that most of my problems stem from my poor breathing. When I get anxious, I overbreath and sometimes hyperventilate - this leads to dizzyness, chest pains etc etc and then I get anxious about those symptoms - vicious circle really.
Oh, and yes, I do a lot of gardening - but probably not the very stenuous things I was doing yesterday (cutting hedges!). Trouble with me is, I keep going until the jobs finished instead of doing a bit at a time. I think I just do too much until eventually I just collapse on a heap.
Anyway, I feel as if I'm rambling - but its feels good to get it all out.
Thanks
Judi xx

justbananas
17-07-09, 23:58
judi, you're fine.. i don't think nic worded that in the way it sounded - i know it's hard to tell what anxiety symptoms are sometimes. if you feel truly truly out of it then of course go get checked out .. but i have felt that way before. like both my brain and my heart just stop and i snap out of it by forcing myself to say something or move from the position i'm in.. otherwise i get this weird 'stuck' feeling. i'm sure you're fine, just try to relax and if you still feel totally off, call you doc

nomorepanic
18-07-09, 00:06
Aww Judi - I didn't mean to worry you.

What I meant was that sometimes we get an ache or pain and think "oh what is this" and we don't worry too much then other times we get something and think "ok this is not normal for me and is new"

I just wanted you to think whether you have had this before or something similar or not.

I never meant to scare you - I was trying to get you to gauge things and think about the pain and whether it was something you really worried about.

judipat
18-07-09, 19:58
Hi again

Dont feel bad nic, just me being over sensitive.
Managed to get an appointment with my docor this morning and had a really good chat with him (hes brilliant). so now feeling reassurred.
I've decided to go on citalapram - only 10mls and see if they suit me and help with the anxiety.
I've resisted meds for years (I was on librium in my 20's when I was very ill and hospitalised), but have not taken anything since. I'm really hoping they help.
I am feeling a bit better today - been out all day with hubby with only a couple of wobbles.
Thanks all for just being there.

Judi xx

Tink
20-07-09, 20:59
Hello
I get similar thing every now and again and I hate it! Usually when not eaten for a while. For example tonight, my boyfriend was talking to me but felt like wasn't there and couldn't answer him, then felt like I wasn't going to be able to get up out of the chair. Feels likes normal things are such a struggle. It lasts for 10 mins or so then goes. When I feel like this I try to find a quite place, take some deep breaths and try to tell myself to relax. xxx