PDA

View Full Version : Help please

tj0121
17-07-09, 23:37
Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and was hoping for some help and advice if possible please.

I suffer from OCD, depression and anxiety, have done since i was a child.

I have been on sertraline for 15 years and got on well with it. I started on 50mg, but over time i needed my dose increased and until recently was on 150mg. Anyway, i seemed to be getting worse, and my psychiatrist changed my meds to Venlafaxine.

Venlafaxine is a horrid drug, been on it nearly 6 weeks,but has made me ill so i am being taken off of it, infact i take my last pill tomorrow. :yesyes:

Heres the choice i need to make, and need some help with:

My psych has prescribed my fluoxatine 20mg to start the day after i take my last venlafaxine, BUT, she has also agreed to me taking sertraline again instead, choice is kinda mine!

So, thats the choice i need to make, do i give fluoxatine a go, or do i just go back onto sertraline?

Any help would be greatfully recieved, as i only have 24 hours to decide, and i really don't know which is the best option!

spaced
17-07-09, 23:46
i think you need to make your own mind up to which drug you choose they all effect different people in different ways i've taken fluxatine/prozac with out any problems but then again we are all different
good luck hope you find the right med for you
take care

tj0121
18-07-09, 23:53
Thanks for your reply, i am really scared and honestly don't know whats the best choice.

Part of me thinks try fluoxetine, but i am scared of the side effects like raising my anxiety, or weight gain, but most of all, i am scared it will make me feel this rage / anger / agression that the velafaxine has made me feel.

The other half of me thinks just go back on sertraline, but i am scared of 2 things, 1. that it won't work well for me this time as i have come off it, and 2. I am concerned that it wasn't helping me that much anymore previously, after all, thats why i was taken off it and put on the venlafaxine in the first place, so will it be of much help to me now if i go back on it.

I have to take a new pill tomorrow, no more venlafaxine left :yesyes: , but i have to make a decisson - looks like i may end up tossing a coin as i just don't know!

tj0121
19-07-09, 12:36
so, i chose prozac, took my first one today. Must say, i am feeling pretty bad at the mo, dizzy, headache, feeling abit sick and generally not good.

tracy12
20-07-09, 23:53
Hope you feeling a bit better today
:bighug1:

jon_doh
21-07-09, 00:28
Hiya,

Hope things are improving :)..... I recently swapped to Prozac..... The first few days were a bit nasty just anxiety and some whacky adrenaline hits.... but it seems to have gone away fairly quickly..... at a guess it was coming off the citalopram that made me wonky but i'm not a doc.... overall i've noticed some improvement over the citalopram.... at least for now!!...

Good luck!
B