PDA

View Full Version : New to all this and slightly scared..(Ice-pick headaches?)

Stephli87
18-07-09, 01:41
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me/sympathise with me. Since starting with health related anxiety, I have had many different anxiety/panic symptoms. Most of them seem pretty common, such as hyperventilation, racing heart etc. However since starting with my anxiety I have seemingly developed 'brain zaps' or ice pick headaches. I always seem to get them after tension headaches when I have being starting to stop being stressed. I just wanted to know if other people out there have this. Ultimately, I pretty much know it is down to my anxiety, as I never had anything like this before, but I guess I just want reassurance from someone who has been there! Like I said, I get them when I am finally feeling rid of health anxiety, so any kind words would help and finally get me over my evil health anxiety! :)

den68
18-07-09, 10:02
i get the most awful pain in my head and like you said it seems to come as i start to calm down. I have had a mri and there is nothing wrong so its the anxiety again. If you are worried see your g.p to reasure you. I think its something to do with tense muscles
denise