PDA

View Full Version : Occupational therapist appointment

FRANKIEISBACK
20-09-05, 11:28
I am soon to have a home visit by an ot from my local mental health team, I personally think its good to just have someone to chat to but was wondering what different roles all these do?

there seems to be a big team, consultant psychiatrist, CPN, mental health social workers, nurse therapists, whats the difference??

clickaway
20-09-05, 12:47
Hi Frankie,

I cant describe all the different professions within the CMHT but I too have had visits from an occupational therapist from there.

This was because I had difficulty coping with daily life, such as housework, gardening, relaxation etc.

She first assessed me on a scorecard - my abilities to do things like going shopping, seeing friends, keeping house clean etc. I then saw her every two weeks and she would give me advice and some kind of target. One time it could be to tidy up room, another to read a self-help book.

I saw her every two weeks but towards the end she weaned me off with less frequent visits.

Seeing an OT regularly helped me, it introduced a bit more structure into my life and gave me an excuse to tidy up my lounge lol

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Meg
20-09-05, 13:40
*consultant psychiatrist, CPN, mental health social workers, nurse therapists*

Everyone under the care of a CMHT is under the direct team of a consultant psychiatrist which doesn't mean you may ever se ethem ...

CPN - community psychiatric nurse- sees you in your own home - assessment, support and educational roles

MHSW- ensure your social needs are as met as possible

Nurse therapist- deliver regiular therapy such as CBT

Each team has their own structure so not every team will have all these.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?