PDA

View Full Version : A big old rant about everything :(

sMINT
18-07-09, 15:34
Well where do I start, Theres so many things going wrong in my life at the moment.

I used to suffer from panic attacks although I still get them my main worry is no Health anxiety.

Every single bloody day I have a new illness. At the moment its cancer. I feel as if something is really wrong with me and my body feels so weak sometimes I think I 'must' have a serious illness attacking me. I know this is the wrong attitude but I cant help it, If I could I wouldnt be feeling like this.

I cant exercise becuase of this, I feel to ill to move some days. I mean, Im only 19, I should be active and having fun. I think I have had 6 colds now within 2 months, My imune system is so weak due to all my stress.
I cant remember the last time I felt 'normal' and my old self.

Ive lost nearly all my friends, No one bothers with me any more.

The job centre have kicked me off my benefits. I have been looking for work but they claim that I turned down an opportunity. This is more stress I cannot be dealing with right now, Im completely broke.

I have developped an OCD I think with my weight, I feel I am too skinny and am constanty weighing myself. I really cannot put on weight.

I have spoken to I think every single doctor at my surgery, Who all of them see to not care, I have been reffered to a mental health liason nurse who put me on a 6 week course for stress (I dont know why, as when i finished it I discovered there was a specific anxiety course). I explained to him the course done nothing and he was shocked to see me again thinking the course was some kind of magic cure.

All I want is to be put on a CBT waiting list. Which I am being refused telling me theres no such thing.

Im at a dead end. Im due to go to Uni in 2 months which is looking doubful at the moment. I dont know where to turn.

It is as if my life has come to an end unles I can get enough money to go to private counsiling :mad::mad::weep::weep:

Phew, Sorry about such a long topic. Feels nice to get it all out though lol.

den68
18-07-09, 15:41
Hope you feel better after a good rant, i always do. Things will look better soon.

Diane O'Brien
18-07-09, 16:24
CBT is actually cognitive behavioural therapy and I am also on the waiting list for this. Sorry your going through a bad time. I can tell with your thread u are determined to beat this because of the many visits you have had with health professionals. I,m so sorry things haven't worked out yet but please don't give up. Is there no counselling service at uni or someone u could talk to.

Please see if u can get emotional support from family of friends as much as possible.

Take Care

Diane xxx

Alicat
30-07-09, 23:06
Diane, that's a really good idea. The first lot of counselling I had was with a counsellor at the university counselling service. You can just refer yourself. She was brilliant.

As for being told there's no CBT waiting list...that's stupid! Can you go back and explain to your dr how this is affecting your life and how much you want to beat it?