PDA

View Full Version : one week in..........

wilfie
18-07-09, 19:57
I have been on Fluoxetine 20mg for just over a week. I suffer from bad PMT and this has gone on for years. Three weeks out of 4 i feel very irritable, bad tempered, incredibly anxious/scared/panicy over nothing much at all and then when my period starts i crash land in buckets of tears. I also had post natal depression which was never really picked up on or treated. I self treated myself with St Johns wort which helped. This awful pmt has just become unbearable and leaves me feeling very low. I have begun to feel those black clouds of depression looming again. This time I thought I would go to see my GP and she precribed me 20mg Fluoxetine. I felt as if my brain was being squeezed the first couple of days - very weird, dizzy, incredibly tired and a bit spaced out. From then on each day things have slowly improved with the biggest change is that all the terrible tension i used to experience seems to have vanished! Amazing! Was surprised to feel the effects so quickly. However - am just about to enter my worst 2 weeks in my cycle when i usually feel at my worst so am waiting to see if there is any change. Would be interested to see if there is anyone else on Fluoxetine for PMT/depression and if it has helped ........ x :flowers: