PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks during exercise

trulybatty
19-07-09, 09:50
Hi there. I feel that my depression and anxiety is making a come back (just in time for the school holidays!) so went out for a bike ride to try to get on top of things and I had a panic attack when I was out. Has anyone else had one during exercise? I thought exercise was supposed to help not trigger them?! :wacko:

TB

pd
19-07-09, 10:05
Hi there :)

I have had, usually when my heart starts pounding, as a lot of my anxiety is heart related, was it something like that or just being outside?

On the whole, I think excercise=good, it takes your mind off things and makes me too tired to worry lol.

Good luck.

PD

Prue89
19-07-09, 20:02
I sometimes get a bit of panic when im exercising. Especially when my heart really starts pumping. I try to keep going but if it gets unbearable i slow down my exercise and have a minutes break. Just untill I feel comfortable, then try again. Always have water with you, it will help you. :)

Parfait757
19-07-09, 20:08
I get bad anxiety when I exercise. My anxiety is health/heart related. I still exercise some days I am fine, others not so much. Try not to worry to much about it...keep exercising. Anxiety has a way of sneaking up when you least expect it!

trulybatty
19-07-09, 22:20
Thanks for your advice. I immediately thought i was going to pass out so made my way home but will try to slow down and ride it out next time. Thanks guys.
X

sMINT
19-07-09, 23:06
Hi,
I used to be a constant bike riding. It was my hobby. I used to be really fit. Since getting worse with panic attacks I hardly go out though. I mean, I used to go for miles and miles. Now Im too scared to go so far in case I get ill/feel faint with my panic attack.

Its not nice and know exactly what your going through.

Try and go on smaller rides, maybe on flat ground to not tire yourself out and get out of breath. Just take it easy.

Also, Quite importantly, Drink plenty of water and eat a large meal, maybe pasta or rice, around an hour before going for a ride. This should give you some energy to go that bit further.

Hope the next ride goes better for you, I know its hard but dont give up, The more you ride, the longer you will be able to ride for.

All the best :)