PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro???

Copsgrl8
21-09-05, 05:59
I just posted that I started Lexapo. So far it isn't too bad but shortly aftet taking it I feel very light headed and that worrys me SOOO I go into a panic attack. I have also noticed my mouth is very dry.

I was wondering if anyone had this when they first started taking it. I have only been on it for 5 days. And how long until I feel so sort of relief.

Thanks

Terri

in1peace
21-09-05, 06:06
Terri,
My friend who takes Lexapro says to give it 4 weeks to really kick in. I take Buspar and Zoloft and it took me about 4 weeks before I felt any real relief. Give it time. I know it really sucks to have to wait, but you should feel some relief soon! Sorry you are having the panic!
(((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Phill2
21-09-05, 10:44
Hi Terri
I started it a week ago and was feeling like I was wrapped in cotton wool for the 1st few hours.Very tired on days 2 & 3 but am much better now.
I saw my Dr today and she said it takes 2 weeks to get into the body and approx 4 weeks to stabilise properly.I have to see her weekly for 12 weeks.Is your dr monitoring you?
I intend to stick with it as I believe the benefits will be worth it.
I suffer from a fear of meds the same as you so I understand what it took for you to take the 1st one ( my dr was actually amazed I took em) but try to stick with it OK.
Phill

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present

NANAX10
21-09-05, 18:46
Terri,

After waging a war within myself (I'm so sensitive to meds) I finally decided to start taking the Lexapro that my Dr. prescribed MONTHS ago. I started out on .5 10 days ago and just the past couple of nights went up to 3/4 of a pill and so far, so good! I do notice some anxiety in the morning but my Dr. told me to take my Ativan if that happens. I'm such a 'light weight' but so far this hasn't been bad at all. I was getting very tired the first 4 days and just took a nap. Do you take it at night time? That is when I take mine. You might try that. Stick with it. I did try Zoloft and Paxil and they gave me that 'wired' feeling and so I am quite surprised that I've stuck with the Lexapro. I had to do it MY WAY and maybe that is why it is working. I was a basket case with all the side effects that were listed, but I can honestly say that the Lexapro hasn't been bad at all......

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Hope I've helped!

Kathy

KATHY LYNCH

hypochondiamaximus
23-09-05, 06:28
started lexapro 3 days ago, the back of my mouth is dry 24/7, making it difficult to swallow (although i think it's throat cancer). also, i've noticed quite a delayed reaction time when it comes to sex in one form or another, but i guess this is a plus for the ladies [:P]. finally, my palms are sweating like mad almost constantly and i get random blasts of nausea. i'm sure i could think of more but i don't want to bore anyone