PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and BBC News

Sallysdream
19-07-09, 13:40
Hi

Not sure if you have seen the info on BBC News today. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8157755.stm

Asking pregnant women to avoid travelling and crowds. I am 32 weeks pregnant and due in September and have been suffering health anxiety for a while. This whole thing is freaking me out. I am scared of giving birth anyway and was even bein seen by the mental health team here, but more and more freaked out by this now. I think I just want to stay at home now and not go out again.

andie73
19-07-09, 16:45
Hi

I know exactly how you are feeling. I am 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow, due on 7th of September. I too have been getting counselling because I am tocophobic (fear preg/birth) and this is just too much too bear. I have to go to the hospital once a week to see a counsellor which really helps but I am reluctant to go now because I am scared of catching this thing. I am also concerned about the ante natal appointments at my GP's surgery, cos people aren't sometimes listening to advice and are going around with swine flu.

I can't really help other than to say you are not on your own. Even though I am scared of the pain of child birth, this is my first, I am even wondering if it would be safer to have a home birth away from all the germs. But I am trying not to get too hysterical, though it is getting impossible. I have thought about just staying in and not watching the news, but even when I log on to my pc the headlines pop up. It feels like a living hell, with no escape. Though on the plus side it does say that most pregnant women do have mild symptoms like most other people and they recover quickly.

My ultimate fear is getting this thing around the time of my due date. Facing labour is a scary enough prospect without thinking of doing it with swine flu!!!!

Take care

Sallysdream
19-07-09, 17:57
Right, I am officially on Tamiflu now. Doc said that my symps sound like it, but I have no fever. You can take it as a prevention anyway. So taken my first tablet. Hope it will make me feel better. Physically and emotionally. I am so scared of giving birth, even though this is my 2nd and had an absolutley quick and little pain birth before, but more scared now. :ohmy:

PUGLETMUM
19-07-09, 18:27
:hugs: sending you hugs as this is a very worrying time for you ladies - try to stay positive you are doing so well:hugs:

andie73
20-07-09, 13:38
Hi Sallysdream,

Were you getting symptoms, or are you just taking it as a preventative meassure? My hubby has felt shivery all weekend, and was achy this morning, but he did spend yesterday painting a ceiling and Thursday soaking wet cos his workplace flooded to knee height. Dunno if I should be doing anything, or waiting till I get symptoms myself.

Any advice??