PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Stephen - I'm new to this forum

stephen09
19-07-09, 17:38
Hi. I've joined this forum to hopefully gain some support and to support others.

I've recently moved house with my wife and son to the West Country. The stress of the move took its toll and triggered a return of anxiety, which can be very disabling at times. I get on OK until my sleep goes. I panic about not sleeping enough and things spiral from there.

I'd be interested in hearing what techniques fellow sufferers use to cope with this.

My anxiety can last for a whole week quite intensely and then be in the background so that I can get on with life relatively normally.

I've had a tough weekend and thought I'd experiment with this forum to see how it might help and support.

Stephen

bottleblond
19-07-09, 18:04
Hi Stephen

Welcome along to NMP!

Have a good read through the forum.
You will also get lots of support and advice here.
Nice to meet you
Lisa
x

Veronica H
19-07-09, 21:36
:welcome: to NMP Stephen. you will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

tasia
19-07-09, 22:25
hey there Steve,,welcome to nmp..
yes i can understand how you are feeling and i always call this too much input..lol i know it sounds really stupid but its when you have sooo much to think about and so much to do its almost like your brain goes into overload and from that you start getting panic or anxiety attacks..you will have to start slowing down...take a few days to calm yourself for example sleep early and try not to do too much doing the day try to get some kind of natural anxiety remedy to take too..like a spray or a drink that helps calm you...most importantly just try to rest up a couple of days...you have to be strong for your family i strongly believe from experience you just need a couple of days off rest and you will be back to normal and the anxiety will pass...good luck wish you and your family all the best.xx

tasia
19-07-09, 22:30
Steven...Bach Rescue Remedy...its really good it comes in drink or spray form i use the spray form when you take it just sit a couple of mins and relax..take deep breaths..you will feel better believe me..ive used this stuff for years and always helps me with my anxiety and panic attacks..god bless and goodluck x

stephen09
20-07-09, 10:32
Thanks for your advice. Had a better night's sleep last night. I'm using a hypnotherapy CD which I put on every time I wake up in the night at the moment. Difficult to know how effective it is but I def had enough sleep last night.

Just got a whole load of vitamins - as recommended on this site - so hopefully they will balance the nerves.

Stephen

Southern_Belle
20-07-09, 16:51
Hi Stephen,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support. Glad you you slept better.

Take care,

Laura

tasia
21-07-09, 21:13
hi steven.
so glad things have improved for you..thats great...take care...

paullong
21-07-09, 21:24
Hi Steven,
Am new too and spent hours on here already! Its good to know you aint alone...Good luck mate. Am wondering if tasia works for boots LOL! But im convinced and will be tripping off down there tomorrow....