PDA

View Full Version : How I feel

desperate
21-09-05, 12:56
Right this is how I feel allday everyday....just wondering if this is *normal*

I feel tired like all day and I mean exhausted, I continually sigh and find it hard to do things.

My head feels not there all day, by this I mean it is off doing and thinking of other things rather than what I am doing.

I also feel very spaced out all day and almost drunk like.

When there is too much stimulus I just try and bloke it out, i can't seem to keep up with what people are saying and/or doing.

I also get these sparks in my head, always near the temples, like little charges going off i guess.

Can anyone empathsise with this?!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Peru83
21-09-05, 13:05
Hi Desperate,

What you are describing is very 'normal' well about as 'normal as it can be with us. Everything that you have said is my basic day. I too find it really hard to concentrate on what I'm doing.

I'm on meds at the moment that seem to be doing wonders for me, unfortunatly not in the way of the sleepyness. Are you on meds? Seeing a doctor? I'm only asking as it's best to get the ball rolling on this asap.

I would suggest that when your finding it hard to concentrate put on a little relaxing music (joss stone for me :D) and take your time doing it, before you know it you will have whatever it is done and you wont even know where the time has went. The trick is to distract and relax. Easier said than done but if this doesn't work for you, you will find your own way of coping.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

desperate
21-09-05, 13:12
Thanks Claire,

Yes I am involved with the CMHT and my GP regularly!

I am meds free at the moment! I have tried citalopram in the past but it seemed to do little for me.

I am off to pick up a new prescription today but am unsure about them.

What r u on if you don't mind me asking?

It is good to know someone feels the same!

Meg
21-09-05, 16:06
Head Shocks! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2754) Weird Head sensations and Panic (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3547)

*My head feels not there all day, by this I mean it is off doing and thinking of other things rather than what I am doing*

This is very usual - exercise/ relaxation and masses of distraction helps

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Peru83
21-09-05, 18:32
I'm on Citalopram 30mg at the moment, my gp is mulling over wether she wants to put me up to 40mg. I feel these have done wonders for me as even just a month or so ago I was really starting to go down hill, with avoidance behaviour and worrying about my health so bad that I couldn't sleep or do anything. My moods were through the roof! I was at the doctors on Friday past and she was happy with how I was feeling eventhough I was honest with her and told her that alot of my mood swings were still there. Thats why she is now mulling over wether or not to put me onto the 40mg.

That spaced out feeling that you talk about is called Depersonalization (DP), here are some topics to look at.

[Link removed invalid url]

[Link removed invalid url]

There are a few more if you just search the site

feel free to pm me anytime [8D]

Take Carexx

claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

desperate
21-09-05, 19:18
Thank you Claire,

I went upto 40mg citalopram and it made me feel a bit slow, but then everyone is different!

Thank you for those links, it seems to happen all the time for me.

florence
21-09-05, 21:05
Hi Desperate

I can relate a lot to how you're feeling, what you describe is pretty much how I feel in my "bad" days. It was more eminent when my anxiety began 9 years ago.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I also feel very spaced out all day and almost drunk like.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

It seems that you're suffering from depersonalisation/ derealisation like I do, very common with anxiety.

The tiredness and exhaustion would probably be linked to depression ( you told me that you were down , last time ). And also a general lack of interest in life, which , after what you endured recently, is very understandable.

You need time to heal, I can reassure you this will pass. Just keep your chin up, huh. :)

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

desperate
22-09-05, 12:20
Thank you Florence,

I am trying, it just seems so hard and unbearable.

Like all of this just from feeling a bit anxious and down? It seems so unfair!

desperate
22-09-05, 22:22
Something else weird today.

Like I look in the mirror and it doesn't seem quite real.

I smiled at myself type thing but then felt werid and so sort of went sad.

It was just bizarre!