PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mystic3178
20-07-09, 00:32
Hi everyone..

Back under a new name as I didn't want people outside the forum to be able to identify me via google such is the apparent stigma regarding mental health. If anything, it should be a case of people who look for help should be seen as stronge people in having the mindset (for want of a better word or phrase) to look for help.

I'm a Rescue Service worker part time and 'crashed' due to stress which I didn't know I was suffering from. i just thought I was overdoing it a bit. I've done quite a bit of reading on the topic and am amazed at the statistics. I'm even more amazed at the lack of knowledge of our medical profession.

Mystic3178

Wee-Mee
20-07-09, 18:44
I understand where you come from about the stigma and mental health.

I had a breakdown a few months ago whilst my father was in hospital and felt rather depressed actually and I was in such a bad way my mum took me to the a n e to see if I would be gave something to calm me down.. I was put under minor injuries and was sat til midnight in that waiting room sobbing and crying hysterically whilst people who had sprained an ankle were popped in and seen straight away.

I'm all for naturally someone in dire physical pain to be seen but I just really felt utterly neglected that night as I hadn't physically hurt myself.. what if I was in such a bad way there that I wanted to kill myself?.. absolutely appalling.

Anyways,rant over hehe,welcome to nmp,a place that DOES actually understand xxx

Veronica H
20-07-09, 19:26
:welcome: back to NMP. I am sure you will find comfort and support here and others will learn from your experiences.

Veronica