PDA

View Full Version : Been to South of Glasgow

StandFree1903
20-07-09, 03:00
Hideho

I am a health anxiety sufferer, and i am too worried bout the swine flu.

But.......... I was in the south of glasgow recently (where its bad in scotland) and i have come out fine). TBH i didnt think about the swine flu, i just thought about going home lol.

that was now a month ago folks and i feel fine, ive felt like ive had the beijing flu @ a point, but it was just a bad cold with my asthma :).

sweetypie
20-07-09, 10:44
just proves it not as easy to catch as people think it is
we need more positive post like this hope your feeling better after your cold x

StandFree1903
20-07-09, 13:35
it is toooooo media hyped.................

newspapers n channels shud cut out all the talk unless something bad has happened with it

sweetypie
20-07-09, 15:19
yeah im emetophobic fear of been sick
and llast year at christmas they put on the news about the norovirus any way id just had my baby too
and i got so bad with fear i hurt my self in so many ways they thought it was sever postnatal depression well i dont no what it is
but the media can scare any person
its out of order

tiredOfOcd
20-07-09, 15:35
FYI, the same thing happened here in the US. The media has been talking about a flu pandemic and they went crazy with H1N1.

Guess what - nobody is dropping dead of H1N1 in the US. In the fine print of the articles, they report that most people will suffer no more harm than they do if they catch the "regular" flu.

Donski
20-07-09, 22:04
Hey I live just south of Glasgow and I dont know anyone who has had swine flu and I havent had it yet either. So for hot spot i think its quite good that i dont know anyone x

StandFree1903
21-07-09, 17:24
tiredofocd, the US has had a couple of deaths already!!! But it isnt the virus itself, its mainly acting as a secondary cause