PDA

View Full Version : Good news for a change!

Karen
21-09-05, 17:46
I've just had an offer on my house for the asking price, which I have accepted. It is from a lady who viewed this afternoon and she is currently renting so there is no chain.

This is good news because I can start getting at least one part of my life sorted out. At the moment I don't know whether to be pleased or scared and in fact I think I feel both. I am relieved to have a buyer so I can start sorting out my finances and yet at the same time I am scared because I now have to find somewhere else to live.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Quirky
21-09-05, 17:51
Hi Karen,

That's great news, congratulations! It's bound to feel scary but it's a great step in the right direction of getting things sorted out. Good luck.

Lisa

nomorepanic
21-09-05, 17:55
Karen

I am so pleased for you :D

Don't forget my offer of calling the estate agents for you if you need any help finding a new place.

Happy House hunting :)

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tracyp584
21-09-05, 18:08
Hey Karen,

Thank goodness for that!! Really pleased for you.

Take care,

tracy x x

tammyg
21-09-05, 18:15
Hi Karen,

great news!! Feeling pleased AND scared is how everyone feels when they are moving house.

Tam x

Piglet
21-09-05, 18:21
That's very good news Karen.

You know this change could be a real refresher for you - a change is as good as a rest etc.

Accept any help that's offered and enjoy making a new nest.

Love Piglet xx

carlin
21-09-05, 18:53
Hi Karen, i m so happy for you, of course your emotions will be mixed, anyone would feel the same, this will be the start of a new beginning my friend!!!!!xxxxx

Meg
21-09-05, 19:31
Great news Karen. Hope you find somewhere you like quickly.

Karen
21-09-05, 19:52
Thank you all for your replies.

I've spent ages looking on all the property websites to see what is in my price range - not very much unfortunately.

Have found one studio flat that sounds ok although it doesn't have gas central heating which means I will probably be freezing in winter but I know I have to be realistic about what I can afford.

Nic - I think I might take you up on your offer thanks.

The other option I have is to rent somewhere but then I doubt I'll ever get back on the property ladder again.

I'm feeling rather worried and confused about what to do for the best at the moment. All the time my house was on the market but nothing was happening it was like it wasn't real, however now I have to actually do something and take some action. It's really scary.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
21-09-05, 20:06
Fabulous news Karen! Really pleased for you and your post title was a real humdinger!

Now find that little place - and make sure its nice and warm - you will definitely need that.

Onwards and Upwards!

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
21-09-05, 20:06
Hi Karen,
I am so pleased for you hun, think of it as a new beginning, new place, new start and all that. Keep positive.
Big Hug
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Karen
21-09-05, 20:07
Thank you Ray and Trac.

Karen

pips
22-09-05, 11:16
Oh I so pleased for you Karen, I hope you find your Home Sweet Home hun.

I hope you are ok,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX X X

tattybear
22-09-05, 11:22
That is fantastic news Karen!

Like you said, you will be able to get that part of your life sorted. Try not to get too stressed out regarding fiding somewhere etc, the right place wil come along at the right time.

:D

Tatty B xx

Piglet
22-09-05, 11:37
Hi Karen,

Do try if poss to buy rather than rent as then at least you have a growing nest egg.

Love Piglet xx

Karen
22-09-05, 12:31
Thanks Pips, Tatty B and Piglet.

Yes Piglet - I would prefer to buy really but it might take some time to find somewhere and my buyer is renting so might want to move quickly.

I might have to rent, at least in the short term until I can find somewhere. But then it is more hassle and stress having to move twice...

Karen

Sue K with 5
22-09-05, 13:57
Hey Karen!

thats great news! I know the thought of moving must be scary, trust me I have moved quite a few times and it can very very daunting but this is a chance for you to make a new start with some really positive aspects to it !

Debt is no fun to have round your neck at any time and when like us you suffer anxiety and other fears it can be a huge burden, so I am so pleased that there is going ot be some light at the end of the tunnel for you !

Dont worry it will all be fine

Take care for now

Love sue with 5

scknight

Karen
22-09-05, 16:09
Hi Sue

Thanks for your message. Moving is never fun is it? The last time I moved was 2 years ago but it was so much different then. I was feeling much better than I am now, both emotionally and physically, and I wanted to move. This time it is because I don't really have a choice.

You are right about having the debt hanging around my neck though and it will be good to get out of that situation.

I'm just worried about coping with all the practical aspects of moving with the way I am at the moment. Today I have hardly moved out of bed and I will have so much to do once the ball gets rolling. There is all the packing, looking at properties and all the other arrangements etc. I don't know how I am going to manage.

Luckily the solicitors the estate agents recommended do most of their communication by email so I am avoiding having to do too much phone communication there, but there is still ringing estate agents and going to see properties.

I phoned Jac last night to talk to her about all of this and I was going to ask for some help, but I was only on the phone for a couple of minutes and then she wanted to go. So I didn't ask and think she has too much on to be able to help. Also I think I might be upsetting her again because of the way I am physically at present.

There is so much to do and I just don't think I am up to it.

Karen

seh1980
22-09-05, 19:10
Glad you have had an offer Karen. Hope you find a new place soon :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

LisaS
22-09-05, 20:11
hi karen,
was really pleased when i read your title! you sound so positive! yay!
so good someone has made an offer - thats excellent news.. this could really be the start of getting yourself back together again esp all the positive moves you've been making to get yourself physically back on track!
give yourself a pat on the back - we're all really proud of what your'e doing..
and dont rush into anything.. i'm sure you'll find somewhere nice soon...
take care,
lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Karen
22-09-05, 20:52
Thanks Sarah and Lisa.

I have an appointment to view a studio flat tomorrow but I have to go and view it on my own so am feeling rather anxious about that. Not too sure what the area is like either.

Originally it seemed like getting an offer on my place was what I was waiting for and the end but of course it's only the beginning and now there is more stress to come.

It's so confusing to know what to do and I'm hopeless at making decisions. Jac told me I should just concentrate on looking in the town I'm in now but there's hardly any property in my price range here. Don't know what to do really.

Karen

sal
22-09-05, 22:44
Hope it goes well and so pleased you have had an offer on your house.

Thanks for the pm but only got it yesterday but if you feel like a chat over the weekend i am off so text me just in case i dont get on the computer.

But thanks Karen for contacting me asking if i wanted to have a chat really appreciated it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Karen
22-09-05, 22:51
Thanks for the good wishes Sal.

No worries about the PM. I just saw you were online at the time and thought it might have helped you to talk.

Will text you over the weekend.

Karen

Karen
22-09-05, 22:54
I'm getting anxious about this flat viewing tomorrow, particularly as I usually drag Jac along with me for moral support.

I know I can do it on my own, despite the anxiety, but still feel it helps to have another opinion. So, for once, I am not going to say I can't do it because I know when the time comes I will do it, even if I feel panicky.

I did ring the Agents myself this afternoon to make the appointment too.

Karen

Karen
23-09-05, 09:02
Now I'm losing my nerve and am panicking about this morning. I was trying to be positive last night about it but who am I kidding? I don't want to do this alone.

Karen

Piglet
23-09-05, 09:10
Actually think this is one of those occasions when two heads are better than one.

I would want someone else to come too (not because of the agroraphobia this time lol) because it is an important decision and you need someone to keep your feet on the ground and look for the practical things.

Can you arrange another time for when you can bring a friend?

Love Piglet xx

Karen
23-09-05, 09:57
Hi Piglet

It is difficult really because Jac is my only friend living locally and she is trying to persude me against looking outside of my current town, so won't come with me to view the property I'm seeing today.

It's a bit short notice to cancel now anything. I am panicking about going alone but I suppose I will just have to JFDI it.

It is at times like this when I do feel particularly alone though.

Karen

Piglet
23-09-05, 11:50
Ok so we can't be there in person but like Nigel I will be thinking about you this afternoon, so rush back and tell us what you think. We'll be waiting.

Love Pig xx

kairen
23-09-05, 14:38
good luck Karen

I hope you got on ok looking at the flat,

let us know how you got on,

kairen x

Karen
23-09-05, 14:48
Thanks guys. I coped OK I think and at least the estate agent meeting me there was a woman. I still felt very anxious though.

It wasn't a bad flat actually and the studio room was quite a good size. The kitchen was fairly modern, but the bathroom was really dirty and old. I have a 'thing' about bathrooms and think it would have to be ripped out and a new one put in.

Another negative is that it doesn't have gas in the flat and the only source of heat is one electric storage heater in the combined lounge/bedroom. I'm worried that the way I am at the moment I will freeze because I can't maintain body heat very well, and also it will cost a fortune to run.

Another negative is that the maintainence change is £80 per month, which I think is very high.

I don't know really. It was convenient for the shops, only a 5 minute walk away and had off street parking which is a bonus. But it also felt really busy around there, whereas the area I live at the moment is really quiet. I am not sure how safe I would feel there but then I wonder whether anywhere really will compared to where I am now.

I really feel like I need another opinion. I wish Jac would come with me.

Karen

Piglet
23-09-05, 15:43
Don't rush into anything - you will know the right place for you when you see it, good vibes and all that.

It is important to be warm, I feel the cold too (mind you, veer from hot flushes to being icy cold in the same sentance) and that would be a major problem for me also.

Love Piglet x Oh and well done for managing it on your own too!!

tattybear
23-09-05, 16:49
Well done on today Karen.

Ask Piglet says - dont rush into anything - you WILL know when the right place comes olong, dont just take the first thing you see. You will find the right place eventually [^]

Tatty B xx

Karen
23-09-05, 16:56
Thanks Piglet and Tatty B. I know I do need to see some other properties so I have something to compare with. I'm just having a hard time coping with all the uncertainty and trying to decide where I go from here.

The cold is definitely a problem for me and I don't know how I would cope without gas central heating.

At the moment I am beginning to think renting might be easier. Don't know really...

Karen

Meg
23-09-05, 17:01
Karen,

Might you make enough from your house to cover installing gas CH in the new place ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
23-09-05, 17:06
Hi Meg

Maybe, depending on how much the new place costs I guess. The flat I saw this morning was part of a converted house that doesn't have a gas supply though so I think the cost of installing it there would be prohibitive.

I have been searching all the estate agent sites on the internet and can't find too much out there that I can afford. I suppose I need to ring round some of the agents really but I keep putting it off because making the calls is difficult.

Karen

kairen
23-09-05, 18:52
Hi Karen,

Is there a way you could e.mail the estate agents and ask then to e.mail you details of other properties ?, you could get storage heaters but i have no idea how much these would be to install, my mother inlaw has these as she has no gas and they arent expensive to run but like i say i dont know how much to install,

kairen x

Karen
23-09-05, 20:11
Hi Kairen

I did try emailing a couple of agents a while ago but didn't get any response. It seems most of them either don't bother checking emails and certainly don't bother replying.

I am not sure storage heaters will be warm enough for me. I really have problems with feeling the cold at the moment.

Getting really stressed about all of this now. I have visions of being homeless.

Karen

tracyp584
23-09-05, 20:57
Hey Karen,

I know exactly what you mean when you say how estate agents seem to never check emails. I've been there, and experienced that!

Have you a friend that could possibly ring estate agents for you? Sometimes you need someone that is a bit pushy to get on their cases.

Take care,

tracy x x

Karen
25-10-05, 14:10
Some of you may know that since finding a buyer for my house, I haven't had much luck in finding somewhere to buy. In fact, I haven't even been able to come to a decision as to whether to buy or rent and my head has been all over the place.

Anyway, I have finally decided that I am going to have to rent because I am running out of time really with the sale progressing and I need to find somewhere to move to.

Now, though, I have been sitting here for the past hour trying to pluck up the courage to ring a couple of agencies to arrange viewings of flats to rent, and I just can't do it[:I]. I just am unable to get the courage to make 2 phone calls and it is pathetic.

I think it is worse because I don't really know what to expect with renting and there are problems if they want work references (which I don't have as I am not working) and I am worried about credit checks (as the reason I am selling in the first place is because I have financial problems). Now I am just too scared to do anything yet again.

What can I do? How do I get past this?

Karen

tammyg
25-10-05, 14:18
Moving house is definately a very stressful process so don't be hard on yourself. I used to hate speaking on the phone as well (am a little bit better now) and always thought it was ridiculous as the person is miles away and you may never see them etc etc.

With phoning estate agents though, you definately have the upper hand. They want your custom so will be nothing but friendly. If you really can't do it, do you have a friend who could make the call for you? I would do it for you if I could!

When I rented my first flat they didn't ask for credit checks but that was six years ago so it may have changed now, they definately do if you buy. I am sure if you explain the situation (or again got a friend to explain) there would be no problem. At the end of the day, all they want to know is whether you will be able to pay the rent. I am assuming you will (through the sale of your house) so you will probably be fine.

Maybe write down exactly what you are going to say and have it in front of you like a script. Also write down any questions you have so you don't forget. I used to do this all the time and still do!!

Good luck Karen

Tammy x

Karen
25-10-05, 14:49
Thanks for your reply Tammy and for the suggestions.

I am getting annoyed with myself now because I should be able to do this but think I have just worked myself up into a state about it.[:I]

Unfortunately there is no one I can ask to make the calls for me, as my friend is out today and I am supposed to be arranging viewings for this week so she can come with me.

Yes, I will have the money left over when my house is sold so will be able to pay the rent, but I am still concerned about all the checks they do. All the decent flats say 'no benefits' and although I would not be claiming housing benefit at this time, I am not working.

I am just aware that I need to get on and do this and still feel paralysed by fear:(

Karen

Karen
25-10-05, 16:08
Made the calls finally!

Karen

andrew
25-10-05, 16:20
hi karen,

if you havent managed this today, try again tomorrow, dont be beating yourself up over it, it will only make it more difficult.

i think most of these renting agencies do credit check nowadays. but if you can provide somebody to guarantee for you - you most probably wont have any problems, they all want to do business.. you take care, good luck andrew

Trev
25-10-05, 16:22
Hi Karen,

glad to hear you got your place sold. Well done for making the calls.
Would you be able to keep your buyer off for a little while until you have a chance to view some more places?

Cheers,
Trev

Karen
25-10-05, 19:15
Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply. I did make the phone calls and am going to look at two flats tomorrow.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i think most of these renting agencies do credit check nowadays. but if you can provide somebody to guarantee for you - you most probably wont have any problems, they all want to do business
<div align="right">Originally posted by andrew - 25 October 2005 : 16:20:12</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I don't have anyone to act as guarantor.

I'll be well and truly stuck if I can't rent either. Don't know what I am going to do.

Karen

Karen
25-10-05, 19:17
Hi Trev

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Would you be able to keep your buyer off for a little while until you have a chance to view some more places?
<div align="right">Originally posted by Trev - 25 October 2005 : 16:22:40</div id="right">
Not really because they are renting at the moment and are keen to move as quickly as possible I think.

I cannot afford to have them pull out as I need the sale to go through quickly.

Don't really know what I am going to do.

Karen

Trev
25-10-05, 19:41
Hi Karen,

Seems like the pressure is being generated by time issues. Have you actually discussed timescales with the buyer?
If not, it might be worth doing this and establishing a clear timeframe.
Finding out exactly how long you have got to play with may make the decision process clearer as to buying or renting.

The power doesn't rest entirely with the buyer. It's surprising sometimes what people will agree to if you discuss it with them.

Take it one step at a time. Try not to worry about credit issues at the moment.

You say you want the sale to go though quickly though. Is there a reason for this when you don't have anywhere else sorted?

Cheers,
Trev

Karen
25-10-05, 21:39
Hi Trev

My solicitor is finding out from the purchaser's solicitors when they are aiming for completion to take place. So I am waiting to hear back about this.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">You say you want the sale to go though quickly though. Is there a reason for this when you don't have anywhere else sorted?
<div align="right">Originally posted by Trev - 25 October 2005 : 19:41:44</div id="right">
For financial reasons mainly so I can get everything sorted and get out of debt. Plus there are the health issues with my anorexia and the possibility I might be going into a clinic for treatment at some point. I want the house situation sorted out first.

Karen

Trev
25-10-05, 22:30
Hi Karen,

sorry, I don't know how to do those little quote boxes so.........

Quote "My solicitor is finding out from the purchaser's solicitors when they are aiming for completion to take place. So I am waiting to hear back about this."
That's cool, but your needs are important so hopefully your solicitor will negotiate a time frame acceptable to you as well.

I understand you wanting to get things sorted quickly now. Sorry to hear that you might have to go for treatment. I hope that you get things resolved.

If you want I could do some net trawling for property? I get a bit of time spare here and there at work that I could use to try and help locate something? Don't know how feasible that would be?

Karen
25-10-05, 23:17
Hi Trev

My solicitor is just getting an idea of dates at the moment and then hopefully I will have more of an idea of how long I am likely to have to find somewhere.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">If you want I could do some net trawling for property? I get a bit of time spare here and there at work that I could use to try and help locate something? Don't know how feasible that would be?</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Thanks, that is a really kind offer. I am home all day and have plenty of time to look - except when I keep getting disconnected from the net like today! My problem really is the lack of available property. It is very thoughtful of you to offer.

Karen

Karen
26-10-05, 13:42
I suppose that is true Nigel but I just want it all over and done with now. I want to get away from here.

Maybe I need a date to be set so I have a deadline and this might motivate me to take action. At the moment I am finding it impossible to really do anything.

Karen

Karen
26-10-05, 19:18
Went to see the two flats this afternoon but I still don't know what to do.

The first one was lovely inside as it is a new build and everything is new and modern. The kitchen is fully fitted with everything too so I wouldn't need to buy any appliances. It is also just along the road from where my friend lives so that would be good.

I am not sure about the other residents though. A couple of the flats had washing and other items outside their doors and half the flats are still empty so I don't know who would be living there.

This one was also more expensive and there is definitely a credit check involved in the application process. The agent said I would need to put half a month's rent down as a deposit before all the checks and references etc are done.

I then went to see the second flat but had to go alone as Jac couldn't come with me in the end. It is further out of town but in a good location and the block seemed quiet. There are mainly retired people living there so it seemed safe and I don't think there would be the noise issues.

It has had work done inside on the kitchen and bathroom but some of the decor is a bit old fashioned. The lady from the letting agents seemed more approachable and willing to hold the flat for a small deposit so I wouldn't have to put too much down until I've exchanged contracts on my house.

Both flats have gas heating.

Still can't really think clearly or make a decision about what to do next. I thought renting would be easier and the solution to my current problem but now I feel really anxious and worried about it.

I really have no idea what to do.

Karen

tammyg
26-10-05, 20:37
Quite a decision to make! At least you have two good choices though, that's great news. Maybe think about it for a few days, only you can decide what is best. You can always go and see them again if you need to.

Good luck with making your decision. Try not to worry, just take your time.

Tammy x

Trev
27-10-05, 00:06
Hi Karen,

firstly are you sure you want to rent? If so, that's decision one made.

As far as the flats go i'd say go with gut reaction every time. Only you will know for sure which is best. It may not be either of them. That's ok if so. There will be more.

You are doing well to get things sorted and viewed. Make sure you are fully happy before you commit.

You need to look after no.1 on this one.

Cheers,
Trev

april tones
27-10-05, 00:20
hi karen, well done1 thought id say im going thru same thing at momet with our flat xxx stressful

apriltones

Karen
27-10-05, 00:37
Thanks for your reply Tammy.

Making decisions is not something I find easy at the best of times but it is even harder at the moment.

Karen

Karen
27-10-05, 00:38
Thanks for replying Apriltones.

Moving certainly is stressful. I hope all goes well for you.

Karen

Karen
27-10-05, 00:44
Hi Trev

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Firstly are you sure you want to rent? If so, that's decision one made.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Not really, that's part of the problem. I can't make a decision about this and keep changing my mind. I think I have no option other than to rent really because there is nothing I can afford to buy. But then renting is expensive and I will be living off the money left over from the sale of my house.

As for choosing which flat, again I keep changing my mind as to which one would be best. Sometimes I wish someone would make the decision for me so I could stop stressing.

I think it will have to be one of these two because they are the best of what is available at the moment and I am running out of time to find somewhere. They both tick all the boxes for things I would ideally like in a flat - gas central heating, off road parking, nice kitchen and bathroom.

This is so hard.

Karen

Piglet
27-10-05, 11:13
Hi Karen,

Is there absolutely no way you can buy? There are these shared ownership options that can cut the cost in half but at least you have a stake in something, it seems such a shame to eat away at the money from this sale.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
27-10-05, 16:54
Hi Piglet

There are usually a lot of conditions on those shared ownership schemes but the main one that excludes me is that you have to be a first time buyer.

Flat no 2 that I saw yesterday has other viewings booked on Saturday and I have to make a decision if I want to go for that one.

Don't know what to do.

Karen

Piglet
28-10-05, 11:00
Hi Karen,

Is that the case with all the associations do you think??????

Love Piglet:)

Karen
28-10-05, 16:50
Hi Piglet

Yes I think so. I did look up some information about this online but it does appear to be for first time buyers and priority given to those in renting housing association properties.

Karen

Karen
29-10-05, 08:48
I am now panicking about having Internet connection when I move. I was looking up the arrangements with my ISP for changing address. It says it takes approx 10 days to transfer address with a new phone number and up to 20 days if you transfer the same number.

I cannot cope for one day with Internet access, let alone 20.

Karen

Trev
29-10-05, 10:19
Hi Karen,

it might be a silly question, but if you are in somewhere you are buying already, why the need to move?

You mentioned financial problems earlier. Is it meeting payments that's a problem or are you looking to release equity for some needs you have? Have you explored all of the other ways of dealing with the financial issues other than selling your current house?

Karen
29-10-05, 10:49
Hi Trev

I am selling because I need to release money from my house to clear debts and yes I have tried other ways of getting out of this mess but everything else just delays the inevitable.

Originally I thought I could just sell this place and buy something else that is cheaper and still clear my debts but it hasn't worked out that way. Now my only options are either to rent somewhere, or to buy somewhere in an area where I wouldn't feel safe and that needs loads of work doing to it.

I don't believe I have any options really.

Karen

Karen
14-11-05, 12:25
This situation gets more complicated by the day.

I have just had to speak to my solicitor as she phoned me with one final enquiry. She told me the other side are ready to exchange bar this one query and the suggested completion date is 1 December.

However, I don't know what it happening with the flat I was going to rent. I originally thought I would be able to use some of the deposit money from my purchasers to pay the deposit on my rental flat when we exhanged contracts - like you can when you purchase somewhere.

My solicitor said this isn't possible though and so I won't have the deposit until completion day. I don't see how this is going to work, as firstly the letting agents would only hold the flat for a further 2 weeks and completion won't happen in time for this, and secondly how can I arrange to move and sort out all the paperwork on the day of completion?

Now I don't know what to do and I just can't cope with any of this. I don't have the strength or capacity to sort it all out. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't need this at the moment.

Karen

kate
14-11-05, 16:08
Karen,

First of all either contact the letting agents yourself or ask your solicitor to do it for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it. They need to be aware of your position regarding funds and, as you have already paid a holding fee, then they may well agree to the deposit being paid on the actual removing day. Unless you ask, you wont find out and could be giving yourself extra grief when the situation can be easily resolved.

Also, once this has been ironed out, you can then decide whether the 1st December suits YOU as well as your buyers. Don't feel you have to just go with what they want. If it doesn't suit you then they will just have to find a more suitable date.

Make that call today, Karen, and at least that will be one thing less to hassle you!

Kate

Karen
14-11-05, 17:31
Hi Kate

Thanks for your reply. It is too late today now to do anything. I was waiting for my solicitor to come back to me with further news about exchange and confirmation of completion dates.

Part of the problem is I don't really know when would be a good date for me. I can't motivate myself to do anything. I just wish it was all over and done with.

Karen

Piglet
14-11-05, 17:59
Yes I agree with Kate there - the completion date must also be to suit you too (don't feel pressured by this, its perfectly normal to work on a date that suits all parties).

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.