PDA

View Full Version : Am hoping someone can understand me!

wendywoo
20-07-09, 15:53
Hi everyone

Am hoping someone on here can understand what i am going through.i suffered from pa 5yrs ago was like a zombie for about 6months,mum had to stay with me for 6 weeks solid as hated being left on my own in case i stopped breathing.
I managed to turn my life around met and married the most wonderful guy,then 4 weeks ago i started with pa again they have come from nowhere,i am on cipralex 10mg which i take at tea time,the thing that i hate is when my husband is due to leave for work i clam up and start to panic even tho i know hes coming back later that day its just the thought of being on my own,i know deep down its stupid but i just cant get the idea out of my mind.......is anyone else this way ?

Panikki
21-07-09, 08:30
Hi,
I am the same at the moment having major relapse with anxiety issues. When husband leaves for work i feel like a lost child its almost ridiculous...but then i know when i'm alone my attention turns inwards and i'm looking out for and waiting for symptoms of anxiety to arise ...which they always do because i'm worrying about them! I had this in the past where i could'nt bear the lonely scarey feeling of being on my own.. the day just seemed never ending..i dont remember what got me over it ...i think forcing myself to go out everyday and do things and eventually getting part-time work helped ...but at the moment this is'nt an option as panic attacks are really bad and cant handle going out for too long either...Saying that i've alays hated my own company lol some enjoy time alone and being in all day...but i cant stand it! Hope things get better for you soon take care jodiex

wendywoo
21-07-09, 09:27
Thanks jodiex

this is my first day alone today and i was crying when my husband went to work and was begging him to stay,have just had a panic attack,hands are still sweaty keep telling meself nothing bad will happen,really wish i was normal,cant even face going out,just want to curl up in bed.

Panikki
21-07-09, 10:41
Hi again how long have you been taking the cipralex for?
My GP. prescribed these but i scared to take them because i know anxiety generally increases in first few weeks and i could'nt bear for the anxiety to be any worse at present! Have you had any side effects at all? Sorry for all the questions...PM me any time and i'll try to get back to you...I know how awful you feel panic is horrid especially when you are on your own have you got any relaxation cd's you can listen to or have you ever phoned any help-lines where you can chat to some-one over phone for support during bad attacks or have you any friends or family that you could ring and chat to whilst you are having panic ? just a few suggestions i often ring a friend and chat for ages just to distract myself...probably why i dont that many lol...Distraction is always a good technique..but saying all this to you ..i still cant be at home alone for that long myself..lol I am at my daughters at the moment to avoid being alone...how sad am i! Keep me posted and hopefully you get through this blip i know i have done it before in the past too like yourself ..but when your in the thick of it all again its hard to see the wood through the trees! Speak soon Jodiex

wendywoo
21-07-09, 13:13
hey Joliex

I have only been on cipralex for 5 days so i know its early days,I have had therapy before and got a great relaxation cd,but at the moment cant let meself relax enough to listen to it keep getting restless..have started listening to music which is helping and have just spoke to a therapist to have reiki on thursday so looking forward to that..i normally go round to mums but cant keep reling on people so thought i would tuff it out at home and i am proud of meself.

How long you been on tabs? i keep feeling sick and dont eat properly

june
21-07-09, 13:24
hey Joliex

I have only been on cipralex for 5 days so i know its early days,I have had therapy before and got a great relaxation cd,but at the moment cant let meself relax enough to listen to it keep getting restless..have started listening to music which is helping and have just spoke to a therapist to have reiki on thursday so looking forward to that..i normally go round to mums but cant keep reling on people so thought i would tuff it out at home and i am proud of meself.

How long you been on tabs? i keep feeling sick and dont eat properly
:hugs: ""tuff it out at home""" :hugs: really well done i am glad you feel proud of your self - that is half the battle being proud that you are beating it - :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: one step at a time.
As you are own in the house and listening to music - do something "a bit daft"" and dance to the music - hip swing to the washing up - whatever dance step from room to room (no need to tell anyone ha ha) it is a VERY good way to use up that excess energy that panic brings (fight or flight ??? = dance and smile):yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:
PS feeling sick is a vry very common symptom of panic = = nervous stomach... try to eat a little of what you fancy.

12ema
21-07-09, 15:34
Hi.. Really well done for staying on your own you should be so pleased with yourself for doing it!I can understand how hard that must have been.This is a problem thats really getting to me aswell so your not alone.since having a scary panic attack while in the house on my own i haven't been able to stay on my own i just can't bear the thought of it..i feel so guilty having to rely on other people to stay with me. i think your really brave staying on your own.. i wish i had the guts to take that first step of being on my own and i know i need to force myself to do it soon. I think you really have to tell yourself that nothing bad could possibly happen to you the worst thing that could happen is you could have a panic attack and then think it doesnt matter if you do have a panic attack in fact its good if you do panic as you will learn that nothing bad happens when you do panic you always calm down again.then you will slowly begin to loose the fear of panic attacks an will no longer have them x

wendywoo
21-07-09, 16:52
hiya

thanks everyone for your replies,its so good to know others understand.

it was the hardest thing i have ever done,the thing is with panic attacks is to try to control them when they first start i find (easier said the
an done i know).

I also find no one understands unless they have suffered with them

Prue89
21-07-09, 18:29
Hi wendy, i had the same problem as you, hating it when hubby left for work, or even went out with friends. After accidently stumbling onto a site i found out it is called monophobia. Basically, because of the panic attacks you subconsiously become dependent on someone. Like your safe places where you feel calm, he is your safe person. The only way to really overcome it is building confidence in your self to be alone. I know unfortunatly its not as easy as clicking your fingers, it took me two years to be ok to be alone. I still struggle going out if he's not there, even with my dad. But i'll get there, so will you wendywoo!! I found it helped if i called him on his lunch hour, just speaking to him calmed me down.

Hang in there, you did it once you can do it again!!

Prue xx

Panikki
21-07-09, 18:39
Thats the exact words i say to my daughter ..no one can understand panic unless they have suffered thats why this site is the best place for me to get advice ....but you are doing a fab job on your own and you can only build on this one day at a time telling yourself everyday that you manage to get through on your own is a step further towards your goal even if you have the odd panics along the way..You have'nt been on your meds long so hopefully in another couple of weeks they will ease your panic and you will gain more confidence in coping alone. I have'nt started the meds yet thats what i said in previous post i'm too scared as i know they make you abit more anxious when you start them and i cant bear any more anxiety at present ..but will consider in the near future ..i am due to start therapy in a couple of weeks time so i hope this will help me.
Keep me posted and stay positive. Take Care Jodiex

om
16-10-09, 21:59
have you tried cbt. it could be very beneficial for you.

mummy4
19-10-09, 20:51
hi wendy (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to you i know exactly how you feel. my hubby is gone from 6am-6pm and i hate him going out the door. i get all panicky and think what if something happens to me then what about my 4 daughters. i know how your feeling your not alone. good luck with the cipralex ive been on 5mg cipralex for 4 years but for the past 2 seems to be doing nothing for me x