PDA

View Full Version : Had Panic attacks for over 40 years

jimmymeccano
20-07-09, 16:50
First panick attack happened in my 20s, I was a lorry driver and froze one day in a works canteen when asked what I wanted to eat, there was nowhere for me to sit in a very busy place and the whole place just caved in on me with a light showing me where the door was, so I dropped the plate and legged it. Since that day I would eat alone or just do without food even though I could smell the lovely dinners been prepared in the canteens. Ever since I have have worked ways round attacks, walking round back streets to avoid people, looking in shop windows if anyone behind me......I have a bad limp so think people are laughing at me.
So I think panic attacks never go away...I have just learnt to get along with them......Jim.

sandramick
20-07-09, 17:00
hi an welcome jim
i agree with u had the panics for 20 years now and just realising you just have to learn to live with it
sandra
xx:wacko:

Southern_Belle
20-07-09, 17:02
Hi Jim,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

suzy-sue
20-07-09, 17:47
Hello Jim and :welcome: to NMP.You will find lots of help and support here ,nice to meet you. Sue x

Wee-Mee
20-07-09, 18:39
Hey there welcome :D

Anxiety can do exactly what you said,just pop up when we didn't expect it and then that's that..

I hope you find the site as supportive and wonderful as I do :D It's a God send! x

Patty
20-07-09, 23:27
Hi Jim, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)