PDA

View Full Version : PVCs and tooth extraction...need reassurance

SocialTool
20-07-09, 19:54
Ok. I went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled. It was very nerve wracking! When I got the 3rd shot of novocaine my heart was pounding fast and hard, but I chalked it up to my apprehension and the fact that I was getting a tooth yanked. After the procedure I realized it was no big deal, I relaxed. I don't have any anxiety at all about my teeth, but my PVCs just started acting up. I have had them now for about 4 hours. Is this just that pent up adrenalin from my harrowing experience releasing? Please help. Just need reassurance before this turns into anxiety.

valleybear
20-07-09, 21:19
Probably a reaction to all the stress hun. Please don't worry. When I had my hysterectomy, I was all prepped and waiting to go in and my ectopics/PVC's were continuous and the surgeon and staff just smiled and said.. "You will be fine!" I remember saying as they were putting me under that if I died, they should remember that I had warned them!!!! They were not at all worried and, of course, I was fine. Sure yours will calm down soon. XX

countrygirl
20-07-09, 21:33
Have you noticed that when your heart is racing you don't have pvc's they tend to be at their worst when your heart is at normal rate. The adrenalin surge that gave you the racing heart also gives you the pvc's once your heart has calmed down - i always get it in that order.

SocialTool
20-07-09, 22:41
Thanks guys. It's funny. The novocaine wore off and so did the PVCs. I must have been really worked up. Just reading your comments made me feel soooo much better. Thank you SO much again. :hugs: