PDA

View Full Version : Angry at myself for feeling like this.

only-me
21-07-09, 10:32
Hi

I have had problems with my teeth and have been back and forth to the dentist over the last 8 months, yesterday I was having what I hoped to be my final treatment, crown fitted but spent yesterday and this morning with an aching tooth. I think that some of the pain is down to TMJ (had it for years) but if I tap the tooth it starts it to ache so I have to go back again today and also to get my night guard altered.

There are other things going on at the moment, my father has chronic heart failure which has been ongoing since Sept last year and I am also going into hospital this week to have a couple of funny cysty things remove (have been told they are benign skin clusters).

I am getting so upset and anxious it's making me angry. I heave if I try and eat (some days I do manage to get something down) which has resulted in me losing 2 stone (I was a bit overweight).

I keep telling myself that if I can get this week over and try and relax I will hopefully feel better and begin to calm down. My husband has been fantastic and so supportive but there is only so much I can lay on his shoulders.

I don't want to go to the doctors as I do have good and bad days and don't want to end up on tablets. I don't know where to turn anymore.

doorbell
21-07-09, 10:48
:welcome: Hi Only-Me

Sounds that you have a lot of things going on at the same time!
I have suffered on and off with TMJ for over 30 years and it always comes on badly when I am anxious. Can't imagine how I manage to grind my teeth during the night but know I do because sometimes it wakes me up!
If you have just had a crown fitted and then that night you are grinding, in a dental way of course!! Then it makes perfect sense that it will be sore/ache the following day. I've had a couple of crowns fitted over the years and they do ache for a while afterwards even without the grinding. I'm sure that once you have a new nightguard then that will help and once you've been in hospital and had "cysts" removed not only they will be gone but also a lot of your worry.
With regards to your dad it is natural to worry so all the best for him.
Hope this helps and take care of yourself!!

Doorbell