PDA

View Full Version : help

LisaLisa
21-07-09, 12:17
Ive really upset myself again.

Ive googled and now im so worried again, i feel sick.

I have worked out through too much goggling inthe past that hiv can alter all your hormone levels and now i am really scared.

I noticed all these wierd hormone things getting worse over time, first noticed them when i was about 25 and am 32 now. Now they are really noticable and they are all identical to the symptoms I have read for PCOS and type two diabetes and Im really scared becaseu hiv can also cause these things to happen. I have been worrying about hiv for so long that i have been tested five times. I wasnt totally sure that I had ever been at risk apart from unprotected sex with a guy i was with for two years and a bellybutton pericing done in a house in 2002. All the tests I have had have been negative so i should be convinced but I cant be because i also have a cyst type thing in my cheek and can feel a lymph node next to it and quite a big one under it in my neck. - i have read on the interne that hiv cuased cycst in salivary glands and they cause swollen lymph nodes there too. these thjings have been there for three years now and havent changed - but then I read that can happen too.

I have been to the drs and she told me that the tests were good and that it cannot be a presentation of hiv with negative tests. But I was so distressed she decided not to deal with my cheek and told me she was satisfied that my anxiety was more pressing . Well that was five months sgo and i am petrified to go back now but cant deal with the worry of my cheek and all the other hormone stuff now.

Im really scared

Lisa
xxxx

debs180
21-07-09, 13:30
i have had a lymph node up in my neck for 4 yrs now, before my anxiety started so i wasnt worried, i went to the doc cuz it had been up for a while and the doc said that it was what thet called a rogue gland, basically its just there and isnt causing a problem, i had some bloods etc done and eveything was fine. then when i started to suffer anxiety i really started to worry about it cuz its still there, even tho ive been told time and time again by the docs its fine, my anxiety takes over and i think ive got some deadly illness. i can relate to where you are coming from on this, but honestly anxiety does some very strange things to your body, so please try not to worry (easier said than done i know!!!) take care debs. xxx

Stressed32
21-07-09, 16:35
Lisa my dear friend...just yesterday you were fussing at me and telling me about lymph nodes. Remember what you said.....people with HIV have HUGE nodes and they are huge all over your body. HIV is not smart enough to infect only your chin. If HIV were casuing nodes to swell, they would ALL swell....all 600 of them that are in your body...not just 1 on your chin. I'll tell you why only that 1 is swollen.....it is because that cyst on your chin right next to is causing it to swell. Bug bites, zits, all of those things cause local nodes to get bigger. That node is big because it is fighting to keep that cyst from getting infected....not because it is fighting HIV!

As far as your hormones....you know what the deal is here too.....stress makes your body produce Cortisol at ALARMING rates which screws up all other hormones in your body and tears up your immune system. HIV does NOT cause hormone imbalances directly! The only way the two are related is that people with HIV feel high levels of stress when being told they have this deadly disease.....and stress is stress and your body responds the same whether you have HIV or not....so their bodies are responding to stress the same way yours is....by producing cortisol and making you a nut. HIV hits your immune system not your nervous system or your thyroid.

You DO NOT have HIV......stop all that googling.....what are you hoping to find Lisa? There is not a site that can say...LISA YOU DON"T HAVE HIV PLEASE RELAX.....so what are you looking for? There is not any reassuance through google so why are you even going there? Try to replace this thought with another instead of convincing yourself that you do or don't have it. Remember what the Dr. said.....retrain your brain. Please PM me and let me know you are ok.

Stressed32
21-07-09, 16:44
Lisa, remember the reds dots on your skin you were fretting over? Read this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51967

Unless all these people have HIV too....this is NOT an HIV thing either ;)

Gee
21-07-09, 16:55
Oh babes don't fret everyone is right, your totally fine, if your showing HIV symptoms your tests would of been positive but they weren't do like stressed32 says it's stress!
I'm panicked too today :-(
Doc app tmw for more pills, I might ask for bloods to b done?
X

LisaLisa
21-07-09, 16:58
Oh babes don't fret everyone is right, your totally fine, if your showing HIV symptoms your tests would of been positive but they weren't do like stressed32 says it's stress!
I'm panicked too today :-(
Doc app tmw for more pills, I might ask for bloods to b done?
X
Thanks sweetie

Having really bad day, not good. Been reading too much and read all this horrible stuff about cushings syndrome and hiv and diabetes and blah blha blah you know.

And the horroble thing is I actually have al these sysmptoms but cant even ask the doc becuase so frightened of the similarities to hiv, even though have had those five tests...so awfull.

Whats making today bad for you? What kind of bloods are you thinking of getting and how come?

Lisa

xxx

Gee
21-07-09, 19:00
I'm just constantly worried, no symptoms just worry LOL
Nightmare, well I was wondering if he'd do tests to check my White/red blood countto check for any abnormalities or will he look at me like I'm mental!?
X

Stressed32
21-07-09, 19:29
Gee and Lisa, I know you both read this...but maybe we all 3 should give it another read yes?

Chronic anxiety, panic, stress and depression have been shown to compromise health, damage immune function, and result in symptoms identical to HIV/AIDS. Mental stress provokes production of the hormone cortisol; excessive cortisol causes rapid and dramatic reductions in T cells, a condition known as lymphocytopenia. Within minutes, stress induces cortisol levels to increase as much as 20-fold. High levels of cortisol can eventually cause what medical texts describe as "significant atrophy of all the lymphoid tissue throughout the body" which may lead to "fulminating infection and death from diseases that would otherwise not be lethal."

A profound fear of HIV/AIDS is enough to cause even people who repeatedly test HIV negative to develop physical symptoms of HIV/AIDS. Termed "HIV/AIDS-phobia," this condition is characterized by weight loss, wasting, reduced T cell counts and other signs considered indicative of HIV/AIDS, and typically follows intimate contact with people who sufferers believe may be HIV positive.

Beliefs and expectations are well-known to manifest in the physical body. The life-altering influence of beliefs was detailed dramatically in 1942 by Dr. Walter B. Cannon in his accounts of a phenomenon he called "voodoo death," a form of capital punishment practiced among certain Aboriginal tribes. Cannon reported that shaman, tribal medical authorities thought to possess special powers, were able to kill errant tribe members by simply pointing at them with a bone. Convinced of the shaman's ability to invoke a lethal curse, the people pointed at died within a matter of hours or days.

In modern medicine, the power of expectation is a commonly accepted fact known as the "placebo effect." Placebos are inert chemical substances disguised as active preparations and given to patients in place of drugs. The health benefits gained from a placebo occur because the person taking it expects a positive effect. Since the benefits of any drug may be due in part to this placebo effect, most new drugs are tested against a placebo preparation.

A recent study conducted at the University of Toronto demonstrated the profound physiological effects of expectation with regard to placebos. Researchers found that cardiac patients who strictly adhered to a placebo treatment regimen lived longer than patients who did not take their placebo regularly. In summarizing the study, lead researcher Dr. Paul Dorian noted, "What you believe has an important influence on your outcome."

Stressed32
21-07-09, 19:34
Gee and Lisa, I wanted to tell you both that I went to my chiropractor today. He felt the nodes on my neck...which have been there for quite some time and are not large, about pea size which I read was normal, but I can feel them and there are times they cause mestress. Anyway, he told me that nodes get big when they trap toxins in your body. He said mine were a little large from allergy. They will trap allergens to prevent my body from reacting. The trick is to get rid of the allergin. He "milked" them to release the toxin and they are all gone!!! I can't feel them at all now.....weird huh?

So Lisa, that node in your cheek is normal. It is a bit bigger because it is stopping that little cyst from getting infection...it is acting like a filter and trapping the infection before it goes to that cyst. Make sense?

By the way, that bump on my head is not a lymph node....just an anxiety trigger! I feel so stupid!

I hope you both are doing better.