PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I think I have liver disease

littlewren
21-07-09, 14:12
Some of the time I know that my anxiety has got the better of me but it's so hard to stop worrying!
I was on really strong antibiotics for about six weeks. After getting some bleeding and abdominal pain, my doctor took me off them. Fortunately the urinary tract infection for which I was taking them has cleared up. I had really bad lower abdo pain for about a week but that has now cleared up. Fast forward - I had an ultrasound today because my doctor wanted to get my kidneys checked out, just in case there was some physiological reason why I've been getting recurrent infections. The sonographer decided to look at the whole abdomen, not just the kidneys. She spent about two minutes looking at each kidney, another two minutes on the spleen, pancreas, etc. But she spent about 10 minutes checking out my liver. I know what body part she was looking at because I was looking at the screen as she worked. While she was looking at the liver I could see lots of black spots. Then I began worrying about why she was focusing so much on that area. I told her I'd had my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago, so I wonder if she was looking for something specific to do with that?
Anyway, I'm now feeling quite tender in my liver region and I'm worried about those dark spots and why she was so interested in my liver when she was supposed to be checking out my bladder and kidneys. I'm also worried that my liver couldn't cope with all the antibiotics and has been damaged. And, since the symptoms of liver problems include tiredness and weight loss, and since I have both of those things, it seems a fait accompli.
I am just trying to vent, I guess. Sorry this is so long. It is so hard living with this health anxiety!! I've been convinced over the years that I've had a brain tumour, heart attacks, strokes, deep vein thrombosis, stomach cancer, HIV, multiple sclerosis and lung cancer, among many, many other things, so this is just a new one to add to the list. :wacko:

nomorepanic
21-07-09, 14:35
Are they going to send a report to the docs about it ?

If they did see something then I am sure they will do a report and let your doctor know.

Try not to worry - perhaps some body parts need looking at more than others.

LisaLisa
21-07-09, 17:03
I agree, maybe they just need to take longer to check the liver, really we dont know what they look for do we.

I think you can definately be totally reasured that they would not have ignored anything wrong, they wouldnt be in the job!

Its funny because when we are anxious we read so much into things without really having a cause to and we interpret everything as bad and something wrong when really there is no evidence to say that anything is up at all!

I do this all the time, its so upsetting.

I hope you are feeling :hugs: okay.

Lisa
xxx