PDA

View Full Version : need tips to survive the winter n autmn

sweetypie
21-07-09, 14:50
tummy bugs about in winter i need to avoid them :(...... im over coming the swine flu but the thought of a tummy bug is killing me

nomorepanic
21-07-09, 14:58
The same precautions apply - use hand wash and keep away from anyone that is obviously ill.

ElizabethJane
21-07-09, 17:52
I am replying to a thread and not creating a new one. Dear Sweetypie I'm sorry that you are worrying about the Autumn and catching a tummy bug. You sound as if you have overcome swine flu. Well done for doing that. I am concerned about swine flu but for me the likelihood of having a bout of major depression is greater in the Winter than catching swine flu. I hope that you come to this website for help and support.

mick_uk
21-07-09, 20:43
I think it's a lottery when it comes to winter bugs, all you can do keep the hygiene up and steer of anyone with a bug

sweetypie
22-07-09, 21:26
thank you guys my cbt suggested taking a formula that makes u vomit so much it gets you used to it but iv heard its not a good idea

yeah i overcome swine flu im so proud
i think my thoughts are alot easyer and my panic as lifted abit
swine flu was horrid but not that bad but i would of rather of had a bug because thats over its 24 hours not even that
wish i could be like this all the time thinking positive
yeh i come to this site for alot of adive i also try to give it
this site is the best lovit best support ever

maeanna
27-07-09, 12:33
Hi Sweetypie i always dread winter bugs as i work with kids but so far touch wood i have always managed to escape them! I always wash my hands with anti bac soap and hot water or hang gel when im out and take multi vitamins and echinacea to boost my immune system too! x

angietomjimandcass
27-07-09, 14:26
probiotics.

Angelai
30-07-09, 00:10
I've considered just not going out or eating or drinking or touching ANYTHING or seeing anyone. But this just isn't practical :wacko:

Well done on the swine flu sweetypie, I've had it too but very mild.

sweetypie
30-07-09, 11:52
this is what im guna do this winter
im guna try and fight but if all fails im staying in buying food shopping offline and plenty of tissus for crying because im already panicing
n its guna kill me this winter i no it

Angelai
30-07-09, 18:44
sweetypie - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

sweetypie
30-07-09, 19:04
thanks hunni i need a cuggle hehehe
iv been to get some 5-htp today to help calm me as my cbt let me down to today so not had a good day

Angelai
30-07-09, 19:18
cbt is hard, well done for actually trying xxx

I'm still on the waiting list...

Hope I don't sound thick - what is 5-htp?

sweetypie
30-07-09, 22:17
he wanted to make to get this pill from doctors to make me vomit but i said no way i aint doing that but it was just a suggestion it is hard but it makes me you feel better for it

5-htp is a natural anti depressant
read up on it hunni cost me 12 pound from holland and barret iv heard its a really good thing to take for ocd panic and depression
i was speaking to the woman in holland and barret for ages about it there is good feedback for that stuff

sweetypie
30-07-09, 22:18
oh and you dont sound thick hunni i didnt even no till someone mentioned it on here hehe xxxxx

Anxious_gal
30-07-09, 23:28
did you get the flu shot?
maybe try the pharmacy or health store for things to boost your immune system

sweetypie
31-07-09, 20:43
i dont think the flu shot works for vomiting bugs

iv been to holland and barrett but in the end they just gave me ocd tablets