PDA

View Full Version : ????Curious????

Brownie
10-01-04, 04:45
[pink]Hi, I was just wondering if any of you guys with panic disorders just get these crazy off the wall completely untrue things that pop in to your head and you panic about them it's like your mind is playing a trick on you or something even though you know the thought is untrue you over analyze it or something i've learned to deal with it but was just wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way. and hopefully you guys wont think im crazy.[:I]

Meg
10-01-04, 10:49
Absolutely , it's the cause of more anxiety than anything else..

I think we all have this and the more we analyse and are fearful of what we think about , the more the fears get a hold on you.

Well done for learning to deal with it.. Any tips on how you managed it ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
10-01-04, 21:37
Hiya Brownie,

I agree with Meg we all experience the irrational thought monster!!!!! which is exactly why we have this disorder, because of irrational thoughts. So no you are not crazy, and you are amongst your own now. Do post to give us advice on how you manage these thoughts.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Brownie
11-01-04, 02:08
I cant say i have completely figure out how to manage the crazy irrational thoughts but in the pat week i've been able to get them to go away by (dont think im crazy lol [:p]) just sort of yelling at myself not outloud of course just sort of telling myself constantly that they are untrue, stupid and i just calm down by that i know it sounds so easy and maybe many of you guys have tried doing that already and i have in the past and it didnt work but all of a sudden i just feel that im taking charge of what to think (I know that sounds stupid) I still get the crazy thoughts throuout the day i just sorta found a way to fight with them until i win i guess;). I know this probrably is'nt too helpful but its been working for me.[:I]
-Christie

Buby
11-01-04, 04:38
hi brownie.

im not sure what you mean, but i get loads of thoughts of what if's and what about that. is that what you mean? im a bit confused. i know in my head that nothings going to happen but that only calms me down for 2 or 3 minutes thens the circle starts again.
but good for you if youve found a way to control them and keep at it.

keep posting and hugs rachel xx

diana
11-01-04, 08:40
Hey Christie,

Whatever works is what I always say!!!!! I think I will even try that myself next time I`m thinking irrational thoughts. Which is like always LOL..... :). Though if not persuaded by yelling at myself in a quiet manner. Heck I might just yell right out loud. If anyone asks, I`ll say Christie told me to do it!!!! Just kidding LOL..... :D. I will try this though , and if anyone is looking and thinks I have gone mad, then oh well let them, I have been thought to be worst. LOL.... :D. Thanks for the info.

Diana xxxx

Laurie28
11-01-04, 13:38
THE THOUGHTS are terrible (i won't even go into them in great detail!!

I once weas having a chat with Charlie and I posted that I could handle the symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks if only the thoughts would go away!!

Everyone has 'strange' thoughts it is just us anxiety sufferers that analyse them and blow them all out of proportion!!! - 'NORMAL' people can dismiss them as mere thoughts that don't really mean anything

Love
Lucky

diana
11-01-04, 23:36
Hiya Lucky,

So true, us sufferers blow everything out of proportion. Which is precisely why we suffer. Just one big vicious cycle. I hope we all conquer the negative thought process soon. Take care all,

Diana xxxx

twister
12-01-04, 14:11
these are 'intrusive thoughts'. My psychiatrist said to me 'do you ever get the thought to push people in front of trains?' then he said 'I do, everyone does' so I backed away slowly......Not really, he was just pointing out to me that everyone has these thoughts and the less attention you pay to them the less they will bother you. It is classified as OCD.

Emily

diana
12-01-04, 18:03
Hiya Emily,

Thanks for the post, interesting, I did`nt know everyone got those types of thoughts. Thought it was just us sufferers. Kinda cool (I think):< to know even a psych. could have such thoughts, I guess as long as he/she does`nt follow through with he action. LOL..... :D

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

Laurie28
13-01-04, 12:21
Hiya,

Why is it psychs etc need to label everything!!!

My god everyone gets intrusive thoughts but if you let them 'get to you' then you are classified with OCD!!!

Amazing

Lucky