PDA

View Full Version : Hello from someone who has anxiety and MS!!!!

Tulip
22-09-05, 15:38
Hi to everyone. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 13 years ago and although still mobile have a variety of symptoms which add to my anxiety. I have vertigo and bladder spasms both of which I hate, coupled with fatigue. On top of this lot I am plagued by anxiety-particularly health anxiety. Just cos you have one illness doesn't mean you don't worry about lots of others you may get:) I constantly worry about having various types of cancer and heart probs, occasionally these worries lessen-usually after tests etc and then they come back to plague me. I have a wonderful husband who is very calm and helps talk me through things but it is also great to know that there are other people out there who are just as frightened as me about life. None of my friends know about my anxiety as I feel ashamed to admit to it, although my doc is aware of it[:I]. I don't take any medication for anxiety but sooooooo wish there was a pill I could swallow to make it go away!:D My heart goes out to you all-I know how delibitating and all consuming this anxiety is. Despite it all I do enjoy my life and am grateful for what I have and what I can still do-it would be so nice though if the anxiety would pack its bags and leave[Sigh...] I am sure I will be using this site lots for reassurance so a big hello to you all.
Love Tulip x

trac67
22-09-05, 15:44
Hi Tulip,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some good friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Sue K with 5
22-09-05, 15:50
Hi Tulip and welcome !

Wow what a combination for you to have. You will find many of us have health anxiety issues so we can relate to how you feel, but incomparison we do not have to deal with your debilitating condition! You are a very brave young women and your fears are very understandable ! But like you have discovered you are far from alone.

I am glad you still try and enjoy your life, I can only advise you to ask your gp for some medication to help eleviate the fears and anxieties. They do help . Even for short term relief ! Dont ever give up though! Ask for some CBT or councelling as well, this could help you to come to terms with your anxiety and even help you cope with your health fears as well!

Keep fighting and we are always here if you need us ! you will never be alone trust me !

Take care for now and pop into chat some time !

Sue with 5

xxxxx

scknight

Tulip
22-09-05, 15:57
Hi to you! I don't feel brave-I think of myself as a bit of a wimp but I do try and overcome things as best I can. Discovering this site has been marvellous and I feel I have peeps that I can talk to you. Don't feel so lonely or isolated now. Everyone seems genuinely helpful and kind. Thanks for your good thoughts. xxxxxxx

Meg
22-09-05, 16:40
Hello Tulip

Welcome and I hope you find comfort here.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Barb
22-09-05, 17:02
Hi Tulip

I am so glad you have found this site, everyone here is so helpful and supportive, its helped me so much

Love Barb xxx

bluesparkle
22-09-05, 17:09
i just wanted to say hi and welcome too...
i dont know much about ms but i know this anxiety thing is hard work...
its good to hear you say that you still enjoy life...
you will find loads of helpful friendly people on this site
take care
rach

clickaway
22-09-05, 17:21
Can I say Hello too?

So Hello!

You will find a lot of comfort here, and we all need tons of that.

Yes, you are a brave soul and by no means a wimp!

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

seh1980
22-09-05, 18:49
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Tulip
22-09-05, 19:12
Hi to everyone. You have made me feel really welcome.
Love Tulip

Karen
22-09-05, 19:31
Hi Tulip

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful being here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
22-09-05, 19:40
Hi Tulip

A big warm welcome to you.

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Elaine1
22-09-05, 19:48
Hi Tulip

Just want to register my support to you.

I have pm'd you separately, hope it helps.

You have found a site where people really care and can identify with each other.

Take great care

Elaine XX

Tulip
22-09-05, 20:06
Thanks Elaine. Have got your PM and replied to it. Really appreciate your support.
Tulip xx
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Tulip

Just want to register my support to you.

I have pm'd you separately, hope it helps.

You have found a site where people really care and can identify with each other.

Take great care

Elaine XX

<div align="right">Originally posted by Elaine1 - 22 September 2005 : 19:48:11</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

jill
22-09-05, 20:41
Hi Tulip

WELCOME TO THE SITE:D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

tracyp584
22-09-05, 21:16
Hey Tulip,

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

calendergirl99
22-09-05, 22:20
I know a friend of the family who is 88, has MS and has lived a great life. Anxiety won't go away because you WON'T let it. All anx. sufferers do the same. We magnify our symptoms and constatnly look over them & make them bigger and bigger. First thing you should do, like this 88 year old, is go to a Naturalpath and they will get you off sugar, cafeein, white flour and alcohol that will help your MS and calm your body down enough so you can think the right thoughts which will in turn help your anxiety. Read this great book by Dr. Clarie Weekes called HOPE AND HELP FOR YOUR NERVES...........and follow it 100% if you do, you will feel normal again. Promise. Good luck.

Elise Monte

april tones
22-09-05, 23:09
hi, welcome! wow, you are brave with ms. dont doubt your self. i have fibromylagia, i bet you have heard of that. i have anxiety which is contributed my my illness too. ms works the same id imagine. love april xxx

apriltones

Cinders4
24-09-05, 15:31
Your post has really made me think about things. Thank you.

I suffer HA too, but reading your words has started me thinking about things in a different way. Cant really explain as dont fully understand where my thoughts are taking me right now.

Glad you found this site, and hope you are able to get some additional support from all the great people on here.
Jo xx

pm me anytime xx

pips
24-09-05, 16:28
Hi Tulip:D

A BIG warm welcome to the forum. I do hope it helps you.

You sound like you do cope well with everything well done you!

I to have a H/A it' not nice hey [}:)] hun!

Take care,;)

Love PIP'S X X X X