PDA

View Full Version : citalopram virgin

banner1977
21-07-09, 18:13
hi all have today been perscribed citalopram 10mg have never took these before and having read some off the problems people have had on them im very nervous about taking them dont know what to do so any advice would be great cheers all paul:yesyes:

nomorepanic
21-07-09, 18:40
Hi Paul

Have a look at the posts in the Citalopram sub-forum and you will get the general idea of what to expect.

Diane O'Brien
21-07-09, 18:42
Hello

Please try not to worry to much, I found the first few days the worse, your doctor may have told u this, however everyone is different. I felt a little sick, loss of appetite and my anxieties did rise. I must stress these side effects did not last, with antidepressants time is what is needed. As the weeks went by I certainly improved with my moods. Everyone is different, please do keep with the medication, it will be worth it in the end.

Keep in touch and let me know how u get on.:D

Kieran
21-07-09, 18:52
The first few days on i aren't easy but it gets better, you just have to stick with it.

redballoons
21-07-09, 21:12
hi
my husband started these about middle of last week so far he hasnt had any effects at all good or bad!
sophie

banner1977
21-07-09, 21:56
thank you all for your imput im gonna start taking them tomorrow ill let you know how im getting on

banner1977
26-07-09, 21:22
hi all 5 days in now on citalapram and feel worse than ever !!!!!!!!! feel moody and dont want to do anything to make matters worse had a couple of beers last night and felt very strange woke up in the night with massive night sweat so cant drink !!! why do these tablets make you worse before you feel better?:scared15:

leighann.p.
29-07-09, 21:47
hi there banner,

i am also on day 5 of these tablets and i also feel really low and ill, so far i have had dry mouth, feeling sick, bad belly and my anxiety has been out of control making my vision alot worse than it already was, ever since my anxiety and panic attacks kicked in i couldnt get any motivation but now its even worse, everyone i have spoken to has told me to stick to it and it will be worth it so i am trying my best even tho i did consider coming off them coz of how ill i feel and trying to take care of 3 kids under 5 on my own, but decided that i am doing this for my kids aswell as myself so hopefully will be worth it :) so all i can say is hope u can stick to it too, and hope u feel better for it after x x leigh-ann x x