PDA

View Full Version : ALL Swine Flu posts here please...

nomorepanic
21-07-09, 20:57
Please add to this thread and not create new ones.

Thanks

redballoons
21-07-09, 21:05
ok!
I am looking for someone who has had swine flu?!
I was told last week I had it but was only quite midly ill I felt better for a day or two but tonight all of a sudden I feel alot worse sore dry throat and temp again - can decide between real symptoms and imaginary ones now :(
If you had it did it come and go like this. I never had tamiflu or anything because I am too afriad to take tablets (although i will if I feel VERY ill)

dont know the point of the post just feel rotten and now panicking for not much reason as well

sophie

nomorepanic
21-07-09, 21:15
There is this post for that...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53653

Have a read on there - loads have had it.

redballoons
21-07-09, 21:27
:doh:doh! thanks the stupid tihng is I have posted on that thread before and totally forgotten - either flu, stress or anxiety is making me lose my mind

Mondie
21-07-09, 22:24
I have a quick question! I have what I presume is a bad cold (runny nose/blocked nose/dry cough/slight aches/swollen lymph node)

I have no fever at all and I have spoken to my GP who said that it is a virus/bad cold and not swine flu.

Now I am not worried about Swine Flu at all, but have noticed that a few people have been told by their dr's that they have it when they don't have a fever. My GP said this was the distinguishing factor in me not being diagnosed with Swine Flu.

How can people be sure that they have or haven't got it? I wonder if the thousands of cases reported in the UK are actual confirmed cases or GP's making a educated guess??

mummyto4
21-07-09, 22:56
To be honest, I think that gp's are giving out tamifu without confirmed lab diagnosis as they know now the spread is so wide that it is inevitable that people are going to get it at some point. I thought this myself about them giving out the tamiflu like sweets, HOWEVER, the tamflu MUST be taken 24 - 48 hrs after first feeling ill for it to work, so..... whether it is swine flu or not, they are probably thinking, better to be safe than sorry. I'd rather the tamiflu be given on a suspected case than not given at all to be honest.

mummyto4
21-07-09, 23:00
Sorry Mondie also, in my opinion, the main symptom that made this virus different from any other I have seen IS the constant very high temperature. I have had 4 children that have all had various illness's but I have never seen anything like what my little one has just had. In my opinion it was just different. It could have just been because my little one is so young it affected him that way but that was the factor in it in my opinion. Hope you feel better soon.
x

redballoons
21-07-09, 23:04
I had a temp of around 39. I have heard people having higher though.
sophie

maddie
21-07-09, 23:45
Sorry Mondie also, in my opinion, the main symptom that made this virus different from any other I have seen IS the constant very high temperature. I have had 4 children that have all had various illness's but I have never seen anything like what my little one has just had. In my opinion it was just different. It could have just been because my little one is so young it affected him that way but that was the factor in it in my opinion. Hope you feel better soon.
x

I agree. Our doctor was basing his decision on us all having temps over 38C

nomorepanic
21-07-09, 23:53
Doctor's are panicking too and treating every case as swine flu.

I am signed off work till thursday ( a week) as she doesn't know if I have it or not. I had a cold then sore throat and neck ache. MY breathing was bad and I have a chest infection.

They can't give me tamiflu cos of drugs I am on.

lesleya
22-07-09, 01:04
Hi
I had same...shoulder ache, neck ache, sore throat, skitters. lack of appetite etc but not a constant high temperature/fever so i was told i didnt have it. But there is a viral thing about though too, the kids next door too me have it vomiting and lack of appetite, sore throat etc but theyve got no temp either.
Dont you just get tired of all these things!...my gp told me 2 weeks ago that they call it a virus because they dont know for sure what it is!
I cant remember getting more than the normal everday common cold when i was young....:blush:

sweetypie
22-07-09, 10:43
i was so weak i couldnt move off sofa only to go to toilet and for a drink
my joints ached so much
i didnt no if i temp or not cos dint av a thermometer
but i had chills then went hot then really cold for about 3 days till got um doc said thats a temp but i duno any way my throat started to hurt and stil does but not much it took 3 docs to persuade me i had swine flu cos it dint feel that bad i felt sick but that was due to the tamiflu but 3 docs told me this i have is swine flu im feeling much better been like this 5 or 6 days now my kids avent caught nither has my partner but the doc said that will be because im on tamiflu it makes you less infectious and i didnt have bad sneezes or a really bad cough and thats how it spreads so guess my lot was lucky

Alabasterlyn
22-07-09, 11:59
My granddaughter has just been diagnosed with 'possible Swine Flu' as she had a fever of 39c. Her illness seemed to start with her vomiting a couple of days before the fever started and now my son also has started to vomit. I've not read anywhere that the first symptom of this illness is vomiting. so not sure what they have.

One thing however that has made me a bit concerned is that my granddaughter, who is only 23mths old, was given the Tamiflu capsules and not the suspension as apparently they are saving that for very young babies as there is already a shortage of it where we live. My son has found it impossible to disguise the contents of these capsules in a drink of any sort as was recommended, so my granddaughter is basically coping with this illness with no medication other than Calpol :ohmy:

mummyto4
22-07-09, 18:26
Alablasterlyn, I feel for you grandaughter, my little on also had to have the capsules and there is no disguising how horrible they are. After the horrendous time trying to get just one in to him, he then threw it up! I did persevere though and did eventually get some into him but it isn't easy. Hope the little ones make a speedy recovery.
xx

PaulR
22-07-09, 18:50
Swine flu has taken over my life. I haven't got it or had it but the anxiety I have right now about getting it is unbearable. I can't take it much longer!!

didi768
22-07-09, 20:00
Don't leave the house but don't panic either. Or wear a mask if you go out and wash hands/fingernails many times a day.

maddie
22-07-09, 23:37
Hope you feel better soon nic. I can't take tamiflu either because of the other drugs I take. However, paracetamol, lots of water and rest seem to be as effective as the tamiflu the members of my family are taking. My 6 month old grandson is not taking Tamiflu as his temp did not go high enough. He has a really bad cold and rattly chest, but it still eating and wanting to play. We will all react differently to this.

lesleya
23-07-09, 00:41
I had to go and see my gp today about my diabetes and he asked how i was so i told him how i felt last week with all of the swine flu symptoms i'd had, and he said he thinks i more than likely have had it. But there is a few viruses around at the moment too with similar symptoms so it must be very hard for them to diagnose as he said theyve had to stop testing for it now as the hospital labs cant cope with the workload at the moment so its basically left to gps to diagnose, but he thinks im over the worst of it now and giving me tamiflu wouldve been a waste of time as its supposed to be prescribed within 48 hours of symptoms starting so i wouldnt have been given it any way:blush:
Im one of the bigest wuss's going...so if i can get over it without tamilfu and im classed as one of the high risks because of my diabetes then id say just about anyone can cope. Its not as bad as its made out, its really very similar to the other viral infections ive come down with in the last year, and id say the worst part of it is the 2 day headache..it was a doozy!
I dont know if this is possible or not but he said to me that with me having a fair few viral infections lately that i could have possibly built up a bit of an immunity...id like to think so:)

nomorepanic
23-07-09, 11:32
I went to see doc today and she looked at the blood tests I had done last week and my CRP was up to 26 - it was 1 last time (about a month ago) so I have definitely had some kind of infection she said but probably just a cold and chest infection.

I am back at work tomorrow but have to say I feel rubbish today - but that could be hayfever too!

Katie27jt
23-07-09, 11:55
I was told by my GP that all flu like illnesses where being treated as swine flu as that is the dominant strain at the moment!
Unless you've got serious underlying health problems though your at no more risk then from normal flu, the paper seem to not be mentioning that 100's of people die from that a year!

Ive been on penicillin for three days now and am starting to feel loads better apart from the damn runny nose!

:)

sweetypie
23-07-09, 21:40
i was told by my doctor swine flu doesnt cause vomiting then just put it down as a symptom
as some flu's can cause this that made my panic alot easyer
think theres just alot of bugs going roung spesh with the sudden change in weather much more easyer for them to multiply evil little things hate them with a passion lol

paula1
26-07-09, 22:37
oh God....i'm so scared of getting this....and scared of family getting it...i have vomit phobia and ocd (handwashing)....its scarey ...please let it go away

the_worrier
27-07-09, 20:17
Hope you feel better soon nic. I can't take tamiflu either because of the other drugs I take.

hi Maddie
are you able to tell us what drugs interract with tamiflu or which ones you're on?

i'm on valium & propranolol right now for stress/anxiety, mainly down to swine flu so the irony wouldn't be lost on me if this now meant i couldn't take tamiflu.

Bettybooper
28-07-09, 21:35
Hi, Ive just joined and have been worrying about swine flu for quite some time. Just to let you know that 30% of people will not display signs of a fever. Even the most seriously ill in Mexico had no fever. A lot of people are asymptomatic and display no symptoms at all. Vomiting is a big thing with this flu. 94 children in the midlands went undiagnosed as having H1n1 initially as the Drs thought the children had the norovirus. We have all had swine flu, only my youngest had the fever, for about 3-4 days. And I know it was the swine flu, as all the people in my office are going off sick, some of them with really bad flu symptoms. At the end of the day, it does not matter what the Dr says, only you knows you and your family, and if they need medical attention they need it. Dont assume that you dont have swine flu, because you do not have a fever.
I came to this forum as my phobia has been for many years, the spread of bird flu (crazy I know) now this is spreading I have been in a heightened state of anxiety since April. I am glad we have all had it now, it was mild, although it lingers (hubby and i have been ill off and on for about a month) but I worry what the winter will bring. I am so glad I found this site. It is nice to feel normal for a change. ;-)

Bettybooper
28-07-09, 21:47
oh God....i'm so scared of getting this....and scared of family getting it...i have vomit phobia and ocd (handwashing)....its scarey ...please let it go away

Paula, try not to worry about the vomiting. Everyone I know who has had it, including us, have felt extremely nauseas (like on a boat) and have had to lie down, but havent actually been physicaly sick. The Dr gave me sickness tablets and it was much better. XX

Ellie25
01-08-09, 10:12
i've gone down with the swine flu and am REALLY struggling to deal with it, especially the vomit/diarrhoea risk. How many people have been sick or had diarrhoea with it?

Ellie
x

Lucky07
04-08-09, 15:49
I got sick a few days ago with:

headache
fever 102 degrees
vomiting
diarhea
body aches
(no cough or cold symptoms)

I'm fine now. I didn't go to the dr or anything. Does this sound like it could've been swine flu? I'm more curious than anything.

Ireni
10-08-09, 06:35
I am so scared of this, I don't want to leave my bedroom or see anyone else. All I feel like doing is sitting and crying. I feel really unsafe as though nothing can protect me from the illness. :scared15: I have a few questions:

How likely is it that I'll develop swine flu? Is it more likely than unlikely?
How do I know if I have it? I feel ill a lot so it'll be hard to tell the difference.
Is it ''worse'' than regular flu? Or more dangerous?
How long does it last?
If I get it do I need tamiflu or would it be OK to not take anything?
Because of my health anxiety I can't judge when I'm seriously ill - I usually believe that everything's life-threatening. How would I know when to seek medical attention?
I just heard of an 18 year-old girl who died of the flu. She had been prescribed tamiflu and the article didn't even mention any underlying health conditions. What if I get swine flu, decide to lie down and just die?

becky000
14-08-09, 14:33
I live in a small coastal town in South Africa.
When it comes to swine flu, we don't have the same support structure as you do in UK. So I'm very grateful to have access to the internet, in fact I don't know what I would have done without my laptop in the past week.
Like most people here after seeing all the awful reports in the news I understood that if we contracted the swine flu we had a good chance of dying. A bit like HIV.
I have awful phobias about being ill and taking medication so I did get very anxious. I spent alot of time washing my hands and trying to keep the house sterile.
I own a garden centre and boasted that because we work outdoors in the fresh air we have little chance of catching flu.
Hmmmm, I was wrong!
I became ill and finally got to the doctor who said "don't even ask for a swine flu test as it costs R800"
There aren't many people in this country who can afford that.
So why are they publishing numbers when they have absolutely no way of knowing who has it? Alot of people in this country can't even afford to go to a decent doctor or buy medication.
I've read that people are saying Tamiflu has a side effect of nausea and diarrhoea. I haven't taken it but I did have these symptoms so I think they go with the flu and not the medication.
I haven't actually vomited though, probably because I've eaten so little.
It's probably wise to eat very little and just keep your liquid intake up.
It's certainly the worst flu I've ever had but still not as bad as I expected it just seems to take a long time to feel completely well again.
I still have a bad stomach and feel dizzy and I've been in bed for 6 days now.
Being anxious about the symptoms didn't help as I felt worse then but reading up about what other people had experienced was an enormous help.
It's so great to have a site like this where we can share and help one another.

teez
16-08-09, 17:59
i was diagnosed with the swine flu three weeks ago,,,like some have said,,,i had the temp,,chills, headachey, achy limbs, sore throat, felt like it was closing,,it wasnt too bad,,,but it just wont leave me alone now,,i go two or three days and im fine then it comes back and leaves me even to tired to move ,,my nose is stuffed my eyes sore,,then the next day when im just about to crawl down the doctors im running about like normal,,:), its just so odd

becky000
17-08-09, 19:03
I've noticed this too. I feel better,go to work, then by lunch time I feel awful and have to come home. Is this normal with this flu? I wish I just knew what to expect then I wouldn't panic so much about it. The anxiety makes me feel even worse.
Is there anyone who nows a bit more. I think we would all feel better if we knew what to expect

kathee
25-08-09, 19:37
my HA has been going through the roof with worries about swine flu every time someone in the house sniffles i freak out !!! then today a dear friend of mine sent me this....it sort of put it all in perspective, many more people will die in traffic accidents in one country than will die of swine flu on the entire planet !!! yes most of them will be healthy people with no underlying conditions and No it will not stop me using my car ......

There were 2,538 deaths resulting form road accidents (http://www.crystal-claims.co.uk/car-accident-steps-to-take.html) in the United Kingdom in 2008, which is a drop of 14% on the 2007 figure.
The Department for Transports (DfT) (http://www.dft.gov.uk/) figures show that road accident (http://www.crystal-claims.co.uk/no-win-no-fee-claims.html) casualties reported to the police for 2008 were 28,567 people that were either fatally or seriously injured in accidents, which is 7% less than in the previous year.
Also down 7% on 2007 was the total casualty numbers of slight injuries through to fatalities at 231,000.
Cycle accidents (http://www.crystal-claims.co.uk/cycle-accident-claims.html) rose 1% on the previous year, but fatalities at 115 were down 15%, while motorcycle accidents (http://www.crystal-claims.co.uk/types-of-claim.html) killed 493, down 16% on 2007.
Pedestrian accidents (http://www.crystal-claims.co.uk/pedestrian-accident-claim.html) resulting in fatalities were down 11% on 2007 at 572, but alarmingly three more children were killed than in 2007's record low at 124, which was described by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) (http://www.rospa.com/) as "unacceptable".
The overall improvement on the UK's roads, which sees the government meet its target of a 40% drop on the mid-1990s average, comes despite the European Road Assessment Programme (Euro-RAP) (http://www.eurorap.org/) rating less than half the A-roads as safe, with 58% being rated neutral or poor for safety.

panicagain
01-09-09, 09:35
Well i guess its my turn to get on board with this Fear of swine flu. Yesterday a little boy died from it that lives less than an hour from my house! Its SO Sad and So Scarey! I'm SO scared now cuz i've been sick in the tummy for 3 days now and i've had a headache too! I'm SOOO scared i have it too i don't know what to do. For a while i wasn't even too scared of it cuz i had myself convinced it was nothing big but now all of a sudden it hit me and i'm terrified!!!:weep: :weep: :weep:

HighwayMiles
03-09-09, 04:37
I'm getting scared too. My friend is a doctor and she tells me what's going around. She just told me they're starting to see confirmed H1N1 in her hospital and haven't in the last couple months. Yet I don't know a single person who's willing to get the vaccine when it becomes available, which seems crazy to me. I can't wait to get it! I get the flu shot every year and have never had any problems. Anyway, I'm homeschooling this year, but my husband is a restaurant critic so he's always out and about. I just don't know what to do if we get it. We have no family out here and don't know our neighbors. Who would take care of my daughter if both my husband and I got it? That scares me. How would we manage? Who would prepare her meals? I'm terrified.

Maj
06-09-09, 10:43
I was on holiday and two days after I came back I came down with what was probably swine flu. They've stopped swabbing for it but I was told that was probably what it was It is a mild flu. Yes, I felt bad for a few days and my asthma suffered because of it. I took plenty of fluids, paracetamol and tried to rest as much as I could. I started back to work last week. Yes - it is awful that people have died because of this flu - there were obviously very bad complications and my heart goes out to their families - but this is a mild flu and now that I believe I've had it I would stress that it only lasts a few days, leaves you feeling a bit low, but able to carry on as normal (or as normal as I can be in between palpitations!!). So please - try not to worry too much about getting it:yesyes:

LaurenMay
17-09-09, 10:15
I am absolutely petrified of this like 99% of people in this forum. They say its much more mild than normal flu but I cant help but think that those that have died from it have had underlying health issues. Not a good thought when you have health anxiety and think you have something wrong with you already!!

I dont know what to do to stop this feeling. Terror and fear shoot straight through me and before I know it I am imagining myself 6ft under.

The 'old me' before health anxiety would be wetting herself at the 'new me'....I never used to care and thought 'your times up when its up'....

AH :weep:

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 17:16
i was so weak i couldnt move off sofa only to go to toilet and for a drink
my joints ached so much
i didnt no if i temp or not cos dint av a thermometer
but i had chills then went hot then really cold for about 3 days till got um doc said thats a temp but i duno any way my throat started to hurt and stil does but not much it took 3 docs to persuade me i had swine flu cos it dint feel that bad i felt sick but that was due to the tamiflu but 3 docs told me this i have is swine flu im feeling much better been like this 5 or 6 days now my kids avent caught nither has my partner but the doc said that will be because im on tamiflu it makes you less infectious and i didnt have bad sneezes or a really bad cough and thats how it spreads so guess my lot was lucky

Hi!
I am just curious did you have pain in your neck.. my son is 16 and maybe 1 week ago he started to have a soar troath and then the sniffle but yesterday he complain that his neck hurts so i gave him tylenol and today he text me form school that his neck still hurts and that he fell like his arms and upper neck are numbs.. /weak! He is reallys stuff and have pressure on his cheek he said he fell like its very hot there! But he has no fever i took it yesterday and it was normal!

I live in Canada, Winnipeg Manitoba we are almost in our flu season but i know for a fact that its here ... grrrr.... freaky!!!!

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 17:19
I was told by my GP that all flu like illnesses where being treated as swine flu as that is the dominant strain at the moment!
Unless you've got serious underlying health problems though your at no more risk then from normal flu, the paper seem to not be mentioning that 100's of people die from that a year!

Ive been on penicillin for three days now and am starting to feel loads better apart from the damn runny nose!

:)
when you mention underlying health problem is SINUS PROBLEM are in this category!!!!:ohmy:

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 17:45

Hi Paula! :D
I know how you feel i am very nervous too... but there is no point to panic i know its hard but when you stress yourself like that you lower your immune system which is the one who fight those nasty bug... try to relax a bit... I not started to take some vitamin D3 which boost your immune system... also take some Vitamin C and cod liver oil all those are good for immunity and will help you.. but the best you can do is stop stressing yourself.. and trusth me i know exactly how you fell because i have been driving my husband nuts about all this..

Do you have a good health? Do you have medical problem?

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 18:19
I've noticed this too. I feel better,go to work, then by lunch time I feel awful and have to come home. Is this normal with this flu? I wish I just knew what to expect then I wouldn't panic so much about it. The anxiety makes me feel even worse.
Is there anyone who nows a bit more. I think we would all feel better if we knew what to expect

I think that its because a flu take a lots of of you so you need a lots of rest when you feel better you should actually take an other day or two to rest and let your body recover.... and take it easy!!!

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 18:31
Well i guess its my turn to get on board with this Fear of swine flu. Yesterday a little boy died from it that lives less than an hour from my house! Its SO Sad and So Scarey! I'm SO scared now cuz i've been sick in the tummy for 3 days now and i've had a headache too! I'm SOOO scared i have it too i don't know what to do. For a while i wasn't even too scared of it cuz i had myself convinced it was nothing big but now all of a sudden it hit me and i'm terrified!!!:weep: :weep: :weep:

Hi! you know what you experience could be just the anxiety and the stree about the little guy who died sometime our subconcient does a lots of stuff...!!

Right now my son is sick! i just started about a few days ago where he had a soar troath and tired now he caught but no fever well as yesterday but yesterday he complain of soar neck so i gave him tylenol but he is really stuff up still no fever... this morning i left to go to work he left to go to school after i was gone since i leave at 6:30 am he text me from school and told me that his neck was very soar and that he arms feel like very heavy and that his whole body feel heave and weak... so i told him to go home until i get there! Hope this is not what i think it is.. but you never know I live in Winnipeg Manitoba (Canada) the flu season is just at our door step and no vaccine until mid november.. to tell youthe true i not sure if i would take the vaccine or gave it to my kids...but tonight i see how he fell..! When he goes home i will ask him to take his temperature and see how he is.. he 16 going on 17 on December 31 so he not that young he can take his fever...!!!!

Try not to worry so much i know its hard cause me too i am sorry but it won't do nothing to worry if you have to have it you will get it that you are worry or not and been worry lower you immune system.. unstead try to relax do some breathing stuff take some vitamin D3, C and cod liver oil also oragano capsule is very good to boost you immune system!!!

Take it easy!!! :hugs:

Ruby94
20-10-09, 14:37
:weep: Omg im so shaken up im feel really ill at the moment i really dont want to catch it, obviously no one does but i have a huge fear of dieing i will stay in bed for days if i think im ill or if i have a headache and i wont get up untill my mum has called the doctor, the thought of a grave or dieing makes me choke horribly whilst i cry! I feel ill at this moment its so uncomftable when i got to the toilet my tummy aches and hurts so painful, a water infection doesnt help either my neck back and legs ache and i just feel like i dont want to be apart of this world. Im scared to live on but im also scared to die!

Frenchmaid
27-10-09, 19:57
:weep: Omg im so shaken up im feel really ill at the moment i really dont want to catch it, obviously no one does but i have a huge fear of dieing i will stay in bed for days if i think im ill or if i have a headache and i wont get up untill my mum has called the doctor, the thought of a grave or dieing makes me choke horribly whilst i cry! I feel ill at this moment its so uncomftable when i got to the toilet my tummy aches and hurts so painful, a water infection doesnt help either my neck back and legs ache and i just feel like i dont want to be apart of this world. Im scared to live on but im also scared to die!

Hi Ruby!
Ok take it easy....you just feel like this because you screard i think a lots of people are like that too.. you not alone.. some people hide it more then others! Have you ever try deep breathing....it actually relax your whole nervous system... ok so i would suggest you to take a nice hot bath... to relax.. when you in there concentrate on your breathing so what you need to do it first put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and leaf it there all the way through this exercice... then you inhale at the count of 4 and keep your breath in for the count of 7 then exhale as slowly as you can but through the count of 8... do this a few times.. and you can do this also a few time during the day.....

Trust me you won't died...there is not much people who died from this... more you stress your self like that more uncomfortable it will be...when you think like that try to think of something you like an experience that happen to you something that made you happy...

Just try let me know how you feel!
I may not respond right away because i have to go out for a bit but i will check my message!

You take care..... just remember you not alone....

Take care :hugs:

Tinker28
27-10-09, 22:42
Swine flu has taken over my life. I haven't got it or had it but the anxiety I have right now about getting it is unbearable. I can't take it much longer!!

I know, I am scared to, so much over this and it has taken over my life to I don't have it either, but thinking about it and tinking I might get is drivning me crazy!!! Help!!

erin31
13-11-09, 20:19
I was told I had swine flu but to be honest although I did have a high temperature it was not constant, more up and down.
I did not take Tamiflu although I was told I should. I have read that the side effects can be pretty awful.
I did feel absolutely horrendous and felt this way for a week. It also took about another week before I felt better.

Mikke
25-11-09, 20:57
Remember this vuris will hit people in different ways, depending on their immune system and a lot of other factors.
Not every one get's fevers (Id had a very mild fever, and mostly difficulties with breathing freely, sore throat etc. It lasted about a week all in all).
Others don't even know they are sick. On of our national athletes took home a medal in an international competiotion while having the virus!
And some, very few, and most often with underlying illness, get very sick.

All in all, listen to what they say in the US (mortality is VERY low, even compared to normal flu), and Australia (it was MUCH less serious for healthy people than expected).
My own country, Norway, is actually one of the most plagued in terms of both mortality and spread - but even here it is only 2 people who died who was healthy in the first place, so the probability of dying from this is extremely low (about 0,001%)

Always remember: The media earn a LOT of money by making you scared, because scared people seek information, and that's what they sell.
Our goverments have all bought vaccines for billions of dollars, and they need to seel it to you so they don't loos a lot of money. And maybe most important of all: what our goverments are most afraid of, is not people dying (because they aready know from Australia where the pandemic is dying out that it won't) - they are afraid that we will all get sick at the same time, so we don't earn enough money to pay taxes etc.

But, for us anxiety people, this is a nightmare anyway. And they say it will come in waves too, later in the winter.

Em.ma
28-12-10, 12:33
Hi,
Mine started with a runny/blokced nose 5 days ago then a sore throat and cough on day 3... im achy but thats cause of my HA. I also have had a headache? maybe because of my blocked nose? Have i got away with just a common cold? ive been able to move and do normal things. Im still coughing slightly now and feel nauseas (but i did accidently swallow some washing up liquid this morning) and my throat hurts.

Lauren_T
11-01-11, 19:42
So Friday night i went to bed feeling a bit sick, woke up in the night with a sore throat and have been sneezing/coughing since and now I feel as though I have a slight temperature? I mean if I had flu (or swine flu) I'd be in bed and not want to eat food? (because I do, eating toast right now and i had a pizza earlier)

mercer88
24-01-11, 02:46
Hi guys,

Don't have any anxiety about swine flu, but thought that, as an anxiety sufferer and part-time scientist I would add a bit of my information on the subject to the mix.

Swine Influenza is and has been common world wide among the pig population and, has possibly, for a very long time, been passed to humans (known as zoonotic swine flu).
However due to much recent publicity is has become a little bit of an alarm-bell, particularly in the western doom-mongering media; their constant advice that we shall all die of this hideous disease doesn't do much for the anxiety suffering population but people devour the stories of plight and misery like they haven't eaten for years and end up feeling all the worse because of it.

The truth about swine flu is that the symptoms are very similar to; if not lesser than regular seasonal flu. Certain individuals are more susceptible but research on government and health department websites can let you know if you are in this category and thus, if you are entitled to vaccination.

While there are many deaths attributed to swine flu published in the media; the full medical details of these patients are never published and thus the true stories never revealed...Hence deaths attributed to swine flu are, in a lot of cases, the equivalent of blaming the treatable cancer in a woman's breast for the fact that she died of a direct collision with a meteorite...

The truth about swine flu is that it is, in the cases of most individuals, easily treatable with nothing but bed rest, a good diet, and plenty of being looked after. If you think you are suffering from the symptoms there are plenty of online; or telephone resources to help before you bother your GP and; recent studies suggest that suffering from the swine flu strain of the influenza virus leads to the production of antibodies in your system that protect you from future forms of flu. Seasonal, swine, bird, ovine...wasp! I don't know; whatever kind of flu you can think of. No joke, guys in white coats are furiously studying those with, and those who have had swine flu to check their antibodies in the hope to create a universal flu prevention virus.

So the upshot of it is; unless you are (from the UK NHS website)

High-risk groups

Some people are more at risk of complications if they catch flu. People are particularly vulnerable if they have:
chronic (long-term) lung disease
chronic heart disease
chronic kidney disease
chronic liver disease
chronic neurological disease (neurological disorders include motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease)
immunosuppression (whether caused by disease or treatment)
diabetes mellitus
Also at risk are:
patients who have had drug treatment for asthma in the past three years
pregnant women
people aged 65 and over

In any of these categories; or suffering unduly with seasonal illness symptoms, do not worry. You will probably be fine, if not even be better off for it!

Ali-1983
30-01-11, 23:08
Hi guys,
I had swine flu 2 years ago. I was one of the first people to get it in the UK and i was on the news. It isnt as bad as you think. I was sick for 3 days max. Nothing major. Cough, diarrhea, sore joints, shivers.......i was fine. I 've had worse colds or hangovers. The worse thing about it was being locked up in my house for a week cos they wouldnt let me outside and i had the press calling all the time.