PDA

View Full Version : easing your minds

sweetypie
21-07-09, 22:19
im sorry to make a new thread :)

iv been diagnosed with swine flu well on friday
and im here to tell the tale please can we fight our fear because we shouldnt let this beat us were stronger than this

my flu well i wouldnt even call it that
it wasnt so bad
i was laid on the sofa for 2 days felt a little better but then it struck me again the doctor prescribed me tamiflu straight away
then i phoned the doctor the next day because i thought is this it it cant be swine flu lol its not that bad
well today i had to visit the doctor has im not contagious because of the tamiflu and my symptoms hade dyed down
she checked my lungs my ears my throat and all is clear sept that my glands are still swollen
the symptoms arnt vomiting or nausea the doctor reasured me they have to put that as a symptom because some flus can cause vomiting
but swine cant ope i put some emetophobics minds at rest because i was in full blown panic when i heard you can vomit with it but nooo its the tamiflu wat can make you a ickle sicky but as a bad emetophobic iv coped so well
please can we try not to cause a even bigger panic on this board because theres people what its killing inside reading about it i just wana bring reasurance to them people and say its fine its just like a cold but with out with sneezes
i just had
chills
headache
joint pains
muscle aches
blocked nose
sore throat and a little bit of a temp
ope this helps xxxxxx:hugs:

HighwayMiles
27-07-09, 01:54
Glad to hear you're recovering well. This does make me feel a little better. Thank you. :hugs:

Lissy43
28-07-09, 15:18
Glad you are recovering x

muppet
12-09-09, 12:53
i just had
chills
headache
joint pains
muscle aches
blocked nose
ope this helps xxxxxx:hugs:[/quote]

Thanks for that. This is how i have been feeling and all started with seriously bad sneezing and runny nose. Have constant temp but am able to function for a little while before i need a rest/ sleep. thought perhaps i was having a 'low mood 'with the wanting to sleep alot. Just worried that my special needs son does not get it too bad.
I am glad to say not everyone seems to be getting really bad symptoms. So do not worry too much.

phil06
17-09-09, 17:26
I'm a bit worried after seeing on the news it's on a sharp rise again...

PanicOver!!
17-09-09, 17:31
Great post sweetiepie THANKS
Been wondering about the effects of Swine Flu, as you do when you have HA

phil06
17-09-09, 19:39
I feel a bit hot I hope I'm not getting swine flu. Had a slight blocked nose, slightly tired that's all..keep wanting to avoid everybody with a cough.

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 19:16
im sorry to make a new thread :)

iv been diagnosed with swine flu well on friday
and im here to tell the tale please can we fight our fear because we shouldnt let this beat us were stronger than this

my flu well i wouldnt even call it that
it wasnt so bad
i was laid on the sofa for 2 days felt a little better but then it struck me again the doctor prescribed me tamiflu straight away
then i phoned the doctor the next day because i thought is this it it cant be swine flu lol its not that bad
well today i had to visit the doctor has im not contagious because of the tamiflu and my symptoms hade dyed down
she checked my lungs my ears my throat and all is clear sept that my glands are still swollen
the symptoms arnt vomiting or nausea the doctor reasured me they have to put that as a symptom because some flus can cause vomiting
but swine cant ope i put some emetophobics minds at rest because i was in full blown panic when i heard you can vomit with it but nooo its the tamiflu wat can make you a ickle sicky but as a bad emetophobic iv coped so well
please can we try not to cause a even bigger panic on this board because theres people what its killing inside reading about it i just wana bring reasurance to them people and say its fine its just like a cold but with out with sneezes
i just had
chills
headache
joint pains
muscle aches
blocked nose
ope this helps xxxxxx:hugs:

What about you can not get tamiflu, here in Canada they gave it in the last resort! The tamiflu supposely lower your symptoms... grrrr...
My son is sick now i hope that not what he's got!!!

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 19:22
Great post sweetiepie THANKS
Been wondering about the effects of Swine Flu, as you do when you have HA

yes you right but sometime its hard!

My son is sick right now! Stuff nose, soar troath, this morning and yesterday he develop pain in his neck and he phone me from school that he was not well pain in his neck, and arms and he told me that they feel very heavy and he feel weak! But he has no fever well i took it yesterday and he did not have any when he goes home today i will ask him to take it and phone me!! i hope that not what he has!!! My God!!:ohmy: