PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus. Am I recovering?

peter34uk
22-07-09, 06:37
Hi. Had this for about 2 weeks now.

It seems to affect me less in the day, but more at night, esp when i put my head down to sleep. I listen to ipod to mask the noise.

Does this mean its starting to get better?

Im hearing it alot this morning, like it comes and goes.

Never had this before 2 weeks ago. Doc couldnt see anything in my ears. Weird thing is when i lie down, the ringing will defo shift depending on which way i turn my head, like water would in a bottle.

It is SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating......

Ddcoo
22-07-09, 10:13
Hi Peter, I have had tinnitus for over 30 years and I find that unless I think about it during the day, I don't notice it because of all the daytime distraction noises, but as you say at nighttime it is a lot more noticeable and you are doing the right thing by masking the noise with music. I have 4 different noises in my head and when I am trying to get to sleep I focus on the lowest noise and just tune into it and I don't let it stress me out. There is a good chance that you will lose your tinnitus and I sincerely hope it will be soon for you, but in the meantime don't focus on it, just try to accept it. At times of stress my noises get noisier too.

looking4answers
23-07-09, 00:05
Hi Peter,

I too have had this for over 30 years. It comes and goes. When I first got it I bugged the doctor asking if I had high blood pressure and he told me absolutely not.

It almost drove me crazy the first year or so..But then suddenly my mind didn't hear it or it came and went. I think if you continue to have it your mind will eventually ignore it.

My thoughts is that it is caused by the atmosphere or weather or allergies.
Yours could be gone forever but probably not but remember it will come and go and is nothing to worry about and like I said eventually maybe your mind will learn to ignore it. Hope this helps...

peter34uk
23-07-09, 21:43
aww thanks guys. Its still here but im focussing less each day & its only bad at night.

Hopefully it will pass but we'll see.

looking4answers
23-07-09, 23:41
Peter,

If it bothers you mostly at night..Turn a fan on that will drown it out . Or put on head phones with your ipod and listen to some music..or turn the tv up and concentrate on it. You will soon forget. Also if you are trying to sleep a fan is a great mask for it. Hope this helps..

belle
23-07-09, 23:53
I've had it since April last year. Some days it's deafening and drives me mad, other days its bareable. Right now...i can flipping hear it enough to be peeing me off.

Music in the ears at night is the way that i have to sleep...or try to sleep, otherwise there would be no hope at all.