PDA

View Full Version : Progress at Last

cycloneuk
22-09-05, 23:16
After being virtually housebound with my anxiety for 3 months yesterday i managed to walk around the block with my g/f nephew and today traveled 6 miles away from my safe zone and managed to walk about pretty ok apart from once when i was stood still outside for 5 mins i started to feel very uneasy and i started to do the breathing exercises ands felt a little better and i felt uncomfortable in the shop and a little light headed, my g/f paid for what i wanted because i didn't feel ready for that and i want to take things slowly. Ive been reading a book which i got from the amazon website called Master Your Panic and take back your life 3rd edtion, i've only read about nearly half and its a great book, everyone should get it, i'm going to start the exercises in it and daily journal writing soon once i get rid of the flu which ive got quite bad.

Meg
22-09-05, 23:18
Paul,

Thats great news. Very well done on your progress.

Keep it steady ..

hope the flu passes quickly

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

cycloneuk
22-09-05, 23:22
Thanks, just a quick question, if i keep getting out and about will the lightheaded dizzy fainting feeling pass in time? when i first got bad anxiety thats the feeling i got first and things progressed to panic attacks.

Meg
22-09-05, 23:25
Yes it will pass in time

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tygwyn
23-09-05, 08:10
Well done Paul! You're making great progress!

Yes the light-headedness will pass. Just try to accept that it will be with you for the near future and revel in the fact that you are tackling it. The more you go out - the less you will fear it and so all of the symptoms will slowly pass over time.

WELL DONE YOU!

trac67
23-09-05, 09:31
Well done Paul, it is so good to read positive stories, keep on going your nearly there.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Sarah-Jane
23-09-05, 09:41
Excellent news paul, well done mate. The more you get out and about the more confidence you will gain in achieving your small goals and in time the symptoms will lessen and vanish alltogether.Onwards and upwards keeps us updated on yourprogress xxxxxxxxxxx

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

tracyp584
23-09-05, 09:43
Well done Paul,

Like others have said, you are making really good progress. The light headedness will definately pass, I am tackling the same kind of thing with wobbly, jelly like legs. I am perservering with this and trying not to be put off and run when I get the sensations.

Take care,

tracy x x

Piglet
23-09-05, 11:36
Just to echo what the others have said.

Yes the light headedness will pass and a big well done to you.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.