PDA

View Full Version : just started citalopram

chocoholic
22-07-09, 10:58
hi all
well after nearly a year of HA, panic and GAD i have nt finally started citalopram. i thought i was getting better but had a bad couple of weeks and decided i cant carry on like this as i just dont enjoy anything anymore.

i am worried about side effects, as i generally dont feel well anyway.
anyone got any tips please?

choco x

nomorepanic
22-07-09, 11:13
Hi there

Have a read of the posts in the Citalopram forum.

chocoholic
22-07-09, 11:17
ok thanks nicola

choco x

SLINKY
22-07-09, 14:18
Hi, I was on citalopram for a year, side affects are crazy at first but I would recommend stickign with it coz I felt a lot better once they had settled down.

Kerry.

lady
25-07-09, 12:26
ye at first awful but defo stick it out hun xx

BLUEROSE1981
25-07-09, 12:46
:) hi, side affects are a bit tough right at the start while your body adjusts to the medication but i'm on day 10 and i feel ok now, still a little anxious but not stressed out and worrying all the time take care and good luck if you worry about any of the side affect your getting just send a message sometimes all it takes is a little support from people in your situation.

:D little advise about the tablets take just before you go to sleep cause that way your body will sleep through the worst of it

paullong
25-07-09, 12:52
Hi just a balanced view...Im on day 12 of stopping them and trying to do it the drug free way. They worked for me in the past but this time just couldnt handle the horrendous side effects i was getting but hey were all different..Good luck...Get well soon x