PDA

View Full Version : 17 year old hypochondriac with GAD, how about you?

hypochondiamaximus
23-09-05, 06:24
hello everyone, a bit awkward this first post but let's get on with it. i've had GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) in one phobia or another for over 10 years and been back and forth to doctors, psychs, and SSRIs. well i went off to camp for a month this summer. i was pretty much anxiety free before i went away, but i had an utter breakdown over the second weekend, convinced myself that i had something in my throat, and confined myself to the sick room for 3 days before i was sent home. when i got home it got worse, with myself waking up probably from sleeping in a bad way and feeling a sensation in my neck on the right side. ever since then it's gotten considerably worse (only on the right side), and now i'm convinced that i have throat cancer at 17 having never smoked in my life. i don't want to live like this. i can't live like this. i won't live like this. i really think that this was a cosmic nudge in the right direction having found this forum and together we can beat this. nice to meet all of you! :D

Tulip
23-09-05, 07:36
Hi to you and welcome. I'm new to this site too and have found the people very supportive and full of good advice. I'm sure you will be able to make friends here with people who share your anxieties. There is a specific health anxiety forum on here so you may want to check that out.
Love Tulip x:D

dream
23-09-05, 07:42
hi welcome to this site like tulip said there are lots of great people on here with lots of good advice we all understand how you are feeling , and i know you will get lots of help here [i know i have ] take care denisexx

denise

jill
23-09-05, 08:15
Hello :D

Welcome to the site.

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge canquers fear.

trac67
23-09-05, 09:33
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice and make some really good friends here.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

tracyp584
23-09-05, 09:35
Hey!

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Kel
23-09-05, 10:18
Welcome to the site hun

desperate
23-09-05, 12:15
Hey and welcome,

Sounds like you have suffered for a while, try and hang onto the fact that you did manage a bit anxiety free though.

How did they arrive at the diagnosis of GAD?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

pinkscrumpy
23-09-05, 12:45
Hello Hypo

Welcome to the site

[^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Meg
23-09-05, 13:11
Hello and welcome

What help have you sought since you got home from camp ?

Are you sure the throat thing isn't a form of the common anxiety symptom ?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
23-09-05, 13:28
Hi there.

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
23-09-05, 19:46
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

hypochondiamaximus
23-09-05, 21:10
yeah i've been to some awesome psychologists, one guy's head of his department at one of the biggest hospitals in the country, and they've all arrived at the same conclusion, including my physician. GAD and a newly developed case of hypochrondria, awesome

clickaway
24-09-05, 14:50
Hi there and welcome.

Yes, I heard you right.

You will beat this!

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Cinders4
24-09-05, 15:15
Hi there, we all need others to help us through thats why we are here. You are lucky that you have found the site.... maybe it was cosmic!!!! but we all came here for support just like you, its great to have so many people that understand and wont judge, to sound off to.

Your on your way!!!! Welcome xxx