PDA

View Full Version : How do you get yourself out of the doldrums? (sp?)

tygwyn
23-09-05, 07:55
OK! I've woken up this morning to miserable weather (as I'm sure most of us have!) and I can feel that I am gonna be on a downer today.

So what I wanted to ask was "how do you pick yourself up in the morning?"

I have the radio blaring but I can still feel the corners of my lips sloping downwards and I don't want it to get worse after I've dropped my little one off at school and come back to an empty house!

Tips please!! This is gonna be a good day - I'm just not sure how to make it that yet!

Thanks Guys!

trac67
23-09-05, 09:36
Hi tygwyn,
Think positively, do something you enjoy doing and keep smiling, your day will turn out just fine.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

tracyp584
23-09-05, 09:45
Hey Tygwyn,

I feel EXACTLY the same today, it must be the weather. I have just arranged for a friend to come over and we are going to do an exercise dvd!! Thats one way of trying to pick myself up!

Whether it will work or not i'll soon find out!!

Take care,

tracy x x

tygwyn
23-09-05, 10:37
Hi Tracy

I hope the exercise does you some good! I'm just sat here feeling sorry for myself today - I could definitely feel it coming! Not really sure what I'm going to do to kick myself out of it to be honest. Housework is shouting at me but I'm not keen on it!! LOL Gonna have to do it though I suppose.

Good luck with the rest of your day!

Elaine1
23-09-05, 12:26
Hi Tygwyn

Sorry the weather is bad where you are.

What about taking yourself for a short walk down to the local shop and treating yourself to a gossipy mag and a bar of choc, then come back make yourself a drink and read and enjoy the choc. The walk will help burn off the choc calories, so don't worry about that.

I can identify with you about housework, some days the thought of anything like that is too depressing for words - forget it - there is always tomorrow - today indulge yourself!!!

Or ring a friend, just to talk to if they can't pop round!

Hopefully this might help!

Take Care

Elaine

tygwyn
23-09-05, 12:41
Thanks Elaine

I'm feeling a bit better now thanks but keep thinking about how down I was yesterday which makes me worse! God I wish I could just stop thinking!!!! I have too much time on my hands thats my problem. I would like to stop thinking about this but the alternative to that is to start thinking about 'real life'! That brings on the issue of moving to Australia in 7 weeks (something that I'm pretty sure I dont want to do right now - hubby has already taken redundancy though and I can't bring myself to tell him!!). 5 year Daughter is really settled in school now too and is doing horse riding etc and has a best friend - she says she wants to go to Oz but I'm not really sure she understands exactly what it means!

God I'm waffling now! The bottom line to myself is 'stop thinking about previous upsets' (like yesterday where I convinced myself I had rid myself of GAD but been left with OCD or Health Anxiety!!!!).

Someone STOP ME THINKING!!!! lol

Thanks again Elaine. It means a lot when someone takes the time to reply doesn't it. Hope your day is going well.

ANXIETY26
23-09-05, 12:51
Hi TyGwyn,

I can relate to the weather bit. I had a great day yesterday as the weather was'nt to bad. Looking out today and seeing the weather a bit drab usually puts me on a downer? Funny is'nt it!!

I have found that this used to happen to me a lot regarding the weather. I started taking Vitamin B and Omega fish oil about 5 months ago and the depression has lifted quite a bit. Im still struggling with the anxiety though.

Thanks for pointing out the book on ebay buy the way. I waiting for the delivery!

Thanks

Elaine1
23-09-05, 13:00
What alot to look forward to, emigrating to Australia - how exciting.

Now that really is something to focus on.

Your 5 year old daughter probably doesn't understand, but children are far more robust than us, that is something I have learnt with my 2 boys.

In a blink of an eye she will have made new friends, found somewhere to ride and probably found a host of other interesting things and she can still keep in touch with her liittle friends in England, via email and the wonderful world of digital cameras.

You don't need to stop thinking, but banish the negative thoughts - you have so much to look forward to. THINK POSITIVE!!

Love Elaine XX

tracyp584
23-09-05, 13:21
Hey Tygwyn,

God, you really have got alot going on at the moment! No wonder you feeling bit blurghhh today!

I have just finished my exercise and am feeling bit brighter, so I hope you day improves too! Whack on some music and get stuck into that housework!

tracy x x

Meg
23-09-05, 13:29
Tygwyn

Think back to all the reasons you initially wanted to move to Oz and spend sometime looking on the net and researching what opportunities you can find that you all will enjoy.

If you are feeling you don't want to go anymore because of the anxiety- once you're there and busy living it will improve.

Also look at the weather report . lol

If I were going in 7 weeks I don't think I'd bother doing any more of the random housework ever again - just keep the bathroom and kitchen presentable and push the hoover round the bits most on show.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
23-09-05, 15:02
Hi Tygwyn

Hope you are feeling a little better now.

The move to Australia does sound exciting and I think anyone would be feeling a little nervous about it now the time to go is getting nearer. I agree that concentrating on the reasons you wanted to move there in the first place could help. And think of the weather!

I'm sure there are lots of preparations you could be doing for this move which are more interesting that housework. I doubt anyone really feels inspired to do housework! I certainly don't. I'm in the process of trying to move at the moment and it is a relief that I've just accepted an offer on my house so I don't have to keep everything spotless and tidy now!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.