PDA

View Full Version : Bird Flu

Natox78
22-07-09, 17:14
NB: I am so used to being parinoid about bird flu I have mis-titled this post. Keep calm, it is only piggy flu around at the moment!

This is more of an encouragement post than a please for help. I've been very worried about swine flu as I am an at risk group. However I have had a horrid cold for a week now and have just been told I have swine flu. The moral of this story is that szwine folu is mega mild. I've even been away to a festival with it without knowing.

I am sure lots of you are flipping out like I did but don't worry. It ain't all that!:yesyes:

nomorepanic
22-07-09, 17:19
Hi

I have moved your post to the swine flu forum but why is the title bird flu? That confused me lol

Jaco45er
22-07-09, 18:00
I nearly said pigs might fly ;)

Natox78
23-07-09, 10:58
Oh dear, I must be a bit ill! I can't even remember which animal gave me flu. Judging by my curly tail and snout, I should think it is swine and not bird flu as I have previously claimed. Opps!

peytonbusch
23-03-10, 10:11
Birds, just like people, get the flu. Bird flu viruses infect birds, including chickens, other poultry and wild birds such as ducks. Most bird flu viruses can only infect other birds. However, bird flu can pose health risks to people. The first case of a bird flu virus infecting a person directly, H5N1, was in Hong Kong in 1997. Since then, the bird flu virus has spread to birds in countries in Asia, Africa and Europe.

Human infection is still very rare, but the virus that causes the infection in birds might change, or mutate, to more easily infect humans. This could lead to a pandemic, or a worldwide outbreak of the illness.

During an outbreak of bird flu, people who have contact with infected birds can become sick. It may also be possible to catch bird flu by eating poultry that is not well cooked or through contact with a person who has it. Bird flu can make people very sick or even cause death. There is currently no vaccine.