PDA

View Full Version : new and scared

rebeccad
22-07-09, 21:43
hi i am just looking for a bit of reassurance,it all started about 11 weeks ago with a simple twitch in my finger i did the dreaded thing and googled my symptoms which then led me to believe i had parkinsons or als within a few days the twitching spread to leg and arm muscles. I went to the doctors convinced by now that it was definately ms who reassured me that it wasnt, I was relieved for a few days but then the doubt set in and i found myself googling again, since then i now have burning feelings in my hands and sometimes a numb feeling accross my face. I have since been back and the doc reassured me again if he had any slight concern over ms he would refer me, he has refered me to a counsellor does this sound like it could be anxiety, i constantly fret and imagine the worst and already look at my children feeling sorry for them growing up without a mother. im so scared. somedays i have spent up to 2 hours googling and worrying and didnt even realise where the time has gone, i have a real problem believing that anxiety can actually cause so many physical symptoms!
i would really appreciate anyones advice.

rebeccad
22-07-09, 21:55
i should also add that previous to this i was constantly obsessed with my blood pressure constantly checking and taking it over and over again until i was so worked up it was extremely high.

Scared Pixie
22-07-09, 21:55
Hey hunni, that sound like me, I believe I have a tummor or Ms and I also worry about dying and leaving my 3 children alone, the thought of it so unbearable. I have been told its due to worry but I am having tests done to be on the safe side. I hope apeaking to others about this helps, I hope it helps me too. I sometimes wish I have a friend like me so we can help each other out. Hopefully we are both fine and we are just panicy people but it is scary when things happen like this isn't it. I also google everything which I know is wrong but drs don't listen and help do they. I hope we can speak more my friend. x

momof3boys
22-07-09, 22:08
I am right there with you, I just had every test possible on my heart, a brain mri, and now i am worrying about circulation problems or diabetes, etc cuz my feet are feeling weird...and i too worry about my three kids

Valka
23-07-09, 00:03
I'm in the same boat, it always seems to be something new :( Right now it's breathing problems, I'm completely obsessed with my breathing and feel like my chest is tight and my breathing too shallow ... which it probably is, from worrying about the whole thing!
I've gotten heaps better before, though. Things that have helped me have been doing more to enjoy myself, like spending more time with friends. I also remind myself of this technique my psychiatrist taught me, which is thinking of yourself as in the middle of a dark tunnel - it feels like it's never going to end, but it will and you'll soon see the light. I don't know how you feel about medication but it's helped me (Cipralex, to be specific) although I always just think of it as an aid to get you to where you can really start to tackle the problem on your own.
Good luck - you're not on your own!

didi768
23-07-09, 00:22
I think a better name for this whole website is *OCD* It's all so common nowadays. Don't worry, the end is near.

lauraw
23-07-09, 09:39
Hey Rebecca,

I have been there also, worrying about MS , googling, feeling terrified, unable to play with my son for thinking that im not going to be here this time next year...its horrible. But the positive thing is that it is anxiety 100%.

Our nervous system is a really sensitive system of nerves which control most of bodily functions. Anxiety often heightens this system and thats why we get symptoms like twiching, pins and needles, numbness etc. It is horrible but once you admit to yourself that it is anxiety then you will be able to deal with your symptoms

Hope you are feeling better soon

Laura

ps momof3boys i also get a weird sensation in my feet as if they are cold and numb but their not! Weird huh?!

rebeccad
23-07-09, 11:54
thanks so much everyone, i just cant get my head around all these sypmtoms surely if they were down to anxiety they would not be so real in their severity my husband tells me its all in my head but it isnt. Everyday seems to pull up a new symptom to the point where i wake up and check i can feel everything and what is twinging or tingling today. I have an appointment with the councellor next week so hopefully i can start feeling myself again, Does anyone know if psychiatric nurses can prescribe medication?

Shelby
23-07-09, 12:20
Its very common to feel physical ailments sometimes quite sever with anxiety. To panic about it just makes it worse and sometimes becomes phobic. Ive been through this many times during my life. For myself i forced myself to breathe deeply and try and slow my thoughts down then try and put thing in perspective. Its important to talk to your doc about this including how you feel and the way its affecting your every day life.

agent orange
28-07-09, 13:34
If you mean a C.P.N, I am seeing one and I don't think they do but a doctor or a pyschiatrist certainly would.

Joanna1414
28-07-09, 17:25
YOU HAVE ANXIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP GOOGLING!!!!!!!!!

I worried about twitching too....but I bet while your doing all that googling, your tensing up your muscles and feverishly looking up symptoms right?

Don't go this route, you are an anxious person, deal with the anxiety not the symptoms.

Happiness comes from being okay with uncertainty too. You know this, be strong.