PDA

View Full Version : Panic Pixie

Scared Pixie
22-07-09, 21:45
Hi everyone, new to this. Been very worried lately about my health, been in and out of A & E so many times over the last few months, they are starting to get to know me, lol. I have been having weird headaches and pressure which sometimes starts from the back of my head and goes over to the front of my forhead. I have also been having burning sensations and tingling too. I am a very panic kind of girl, so when I have been in hospital they have done so many tests but all come out ok. I have also had weird tummy feelings too, I have been told I have a kidney stone which should clear itself, also been told I may have Crohns disease, I have got to see a gasro Dr about it. Had a MRI yesterday to rule out other stuff, like tummur, MS. I won't get told anything for two weeks. I am so very scared, I get these weird sensation, then I panic like crazy, one Dr said it's all panic and worry that is causing this, can that really be true? I think I have something wrong with me but I do tend to worry about dying alot. I lost my sister when she was only 24, she had four young children, they needed her but she got sick no one knew what was wrong with her, until she died, she had a rare tummur in the heart. I also lost my mum afew years ago, we knew she was going but it was hard for me, still is I guess. Does anyone here feel like me, so worried all the time, I could really do with chatting to someone. Does anyone else have these symptoms?
or am I really alone in this. Thanks for taking the time in reading this. Would love to chat to anyone. Hopefully speak soon, love Pixe. x:) :unsure:

debs180
22-07-09, 21:54
hi there, i get the same sensations in my head as you, i actually posted on here awhile ago about it cuz i was so scared. i think it is all anxiety cuz as you will find out it does very weird and wonderful things to your body, and believe me you will get used to it but it still worryies you (not what you wanted to hear i know!!) im very sorry to hear about your sister, perhaps her death has made you feel like there could be something wrong with you 2. health anxiety is a bugger to live with but you have definatitly come to the right site for help and support, everyone here as been very helpful and kind to me and im sure it will be the same for you. feel free to pm me anytime if you want to chat. take care, debs. xx

mabelina
22-07-09, 21:59
Hi pixie, after losing your sister and mother, i think its pretty normal for you to start worrying about your own health. Anxiety can cause so many symptoms, i too have a hard time believing how i feel is all down to anxiety. The only way i cope is, if its treatable, i dont worry. I have a fear of dying so as long as i know "everything will be fine" then it helps me a lot. I know what you mean about A + E and how they probably all know you by now, my surgery teases me and tells me to set up camp outside :D

Scared Pixie
22-07-09, 22:12
Hi girls, thank you for your reply, it helps that other people know what I am going through, I wish we didnt feel this way. Hearing other people have sensations like this makes me wonder if it is just worry but it doesn't seem real that all this could be done to worry that I could of caused all of this. I worry more when its in my head, that feeling of pressure that starts at the back and goes over my head could be panic, I get so scared that panic takes over, I lose control of being me anymore. I have been given propranolol, I get scared of taking it. Do you take anything for it, or are you going it alone.? x:huh:

nomorepanic
22-07-09, 22:14
Hi and :welcome:

You have been through a lot so no wonder you are worried.

I have Crohn's so get back to me if you get diagnosed with that.

Have a read of the symptoms page on the left and First Steps - they may help reassure you.

Scared Pixie
22-07-09, 22:24
Thank you for your reply, I have just read the first steps page, I will read that alot I bet lol. I will indeed get back to you if I have crohns disease. Thanks again. x:huh:

Valka
23-07-09, 00:20
Oh god yeah, the whole headaches and head pressure thing is something I've had lots of times. Really awful. I remember seeing a doctor about it several times. It's always disappeared again after a while. One day I'll suddenly remember it and think: "Oh yeah, I remember that - that just went away!" So don't give up hope.

I think it's really common, and very understandable, that people start panicking about their health when they've lost loved ones. It's so often a trigger for health anxiety. I'm really sorry for your loss. You must remember that your sister's illness doesn't mean anything bad will happen to you. Whenever there's something wrong with us it's much more likely to be something treatable/harmless/minor.

Hope you feel better soon!