PDA

View Full Version : what next

mili
23-09-05, 11:11
[8D]i have been on lofepramine for nearly two months and felt no better the doctor took a blood test and found i had a slight liver function problem and as told me to cut down and stop the tablets i am still on diazepam2mg and 1PROPRANOLOL 4 TIMES ADAY FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY I AM GOING ON HOLIDAY ON WEDNESDAY TO GREECE WILL I BE ABLE TO COPE IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE TO WHAT I AM TAKING

l.m.bell

Elaine1
23-09-05, 12:42
Mili

Don't know if this is any help, but I was suffering with panic attacks and anxiety just prior to my hols to France in August.

One lot of meds didin't agree with me. The GP discovered this the Tues before we were due to leave on the Sat. He then prescribed me with diazepam 2mg one of two tablets a night, just to get me to France and cope out there.

This worked for me and we had a fab holiday.

Since I have been back I have been referred on and meds have changed again and am now coming off diazepam as new meds are kicking in.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday in Greece!

Best of luck

Elaine

Cinders4
24-09-05, 15:10
Im sure your gp will sort you out before you go. once you are away and enjoying the sun shine Im sure you will cope fine. Its the preparation and build up that causes the anxiety.

Have a great time
x

Karen
24-09-05, 21:44
Hi Mili

Did your doctor suggest any alternatives? If not it would be worth having a word with the doctor prior to going and see what he suggests.

You could also take some Rescue Remedy with you, as this seems to be helpful for a lot of people.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mili
24-09-05, 21:57
[8D]my doctor told me to have a good holiday and to go back to see her on my return thats as much as they care what we are going through,tomorrow i have arranged to go and have chinese accupunture i am hoping this will help i dont know much about it but read somewhere that it can help with stress and anxiety does any one have any opinions on this treatment and also is there an alternative to diazepam as i am frightened of getting addicted to them at the moment i am not very exited about going away as i am scared of panicing in front of my husband and being in a strange country

l.m.bell