PDA

View Full Version : Almost There

Katie27jt
23-07-09, 11:51
Hi all
When I first joined this site I was at rock bottom, Id had to drop out of uni, move back in with my Mum and wasn't leaving the house exept for bloody Doctors appointments!

6months on Im on the right medication have been seeing a wonderfull counsellor who has helped me immensly with everything from self-esteem issues, dealing with childhood abuse to relationships with family and friends and Im so pleased with my progress! I've even started with the Open University so I can finish my degree!

If it wasn't for my financial problems, that I can't get a new job and the fact I've recently caught bloody swine flu life would be perfect!

There is light at the end of the tunnel people! This is the happiest I've ever been and for the first time in my life when I wake up in the morning I don't feel like crying or killing myself!

If anyone ever needs to talk I'll happily listen as if it wasn't for some of the awesome people on this site I dont think I'd have got this far!

Be a survivor not a victim :D
K
xxx

melody
23-07-09, 12:20
Here here :)

Be happy! Live your life! Being a victim passes, then there's the rest of our life to go. Standing on our own two feet is the best :)

Good luck with your studies. It's great to hear some positivity :) I wish you all the best in your new career choice...