PDA

View Full Version : No motivation

Shelby
23-07-09, 12:55
This is my first time here not too sure how this goes. Im bipolar on medication, ive ballooned out 4stone because of this and steroids which really gets me down, i feel ashamed of the way i look and i feel uncomfortable in my skin. The only reason why i exist is my daughter. I have no motivation and no self esteem. i used to be active i cycled and went to the gym. i cant get passed my weight problem, i cant handle the thought of going out it stresses me out. my agriphobia has become a problem for me to lead a healthy life. i eat healthy im aware how diet affects your moods i dont know how to get past this.

paullong
23-07-09, 13:13
Hi...
Am new here too but already getting a lot of positives from here! Just wanted to say hi feel free to pm me if you need a chat! Take care

suzy-sue
23-07-09, 13:18
Hi and:welcome: to NMP Shelby.You will find a lot of support and help here.Glad youve joined . Hugs Suzy :bighug1:

tranquil
23-07-09, 15:14
Hi Shelby and welcome
I'm new too and still finding my way around, hope you find this a friendly and helpful place. I've been on anti depressants for more years than I care to admit to, generally I'm ok but occasionally plunge into the despair of depression, having a bit of a tough time at the moment. You are so right that diet affects your mood, although its so easy to resort to comfort foods when your mood is at rock bottom. I can also sympathise with a lack of motivation, everything is such an effort, even the things that once you enjoyed. Hang in there, you're not alone in this, feel free to PM me.
all good wishes
Rog

Shelby
29-10-09, 23:34
Thank you for all your comments i appreciate them all.
Its been difficult for me at the moment coz my daughter has been sick for months and shes been signed of from school,and im going nuts and also worried about her aswell. shes been bullied alot over the years this year she got gastritis and lost alot of weight which she couldnt afford to do anyway, no meat on her. We've been in and out of hospital to try and put weight on she has 6 meals a day but her nerves burn it of quicker shes also very hormonal and lashes out at me all the time(teenagers). I've try to be possitive and fighting my depression at the same time if feel drained. She's very clingy coz of my bipolar and doesnt give me space to get my head together, i've tried to explain but we end up arguing which doesnt help either of us. This whole situation is getting me really down and im trying hard not to sink into a depression. Sorry about this im not one for blurting about how i feel or burdening people. The only place i could go was my bedroon now shes taken over it, i mention about it and she argues and gives me the guilt trip............SORRY