PDA

View Full Version : Benefits

desperate
23-09-05, 12:20
I was wondering if anyone had claimed benefts when they were suffering from anxiety/depression?

I m thinking about it but am worried it'll show up on my record in future or will affect my prospects?

Thanks!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

tattybear
23-09-05, 12:44
Hiya,

Ive been signed off since december with depression/anxiety and i get incapasity denefit.

The best thing to do is ring the job center plus who wil ltalk you through all your options.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/cms.asp?Page=/Home

My doctor signes me of each 28 days, its just a case of me seeing him each month for a ceck up/progress report and then i send off my sick note.

Not sure about what records it will show up on etc, but if you are entitled to that extra bit of help then go for it. The job center are really really helpful and wil ask questions about your situation and let you know of any other entitlments you may be allowed.

Tatty B xx

Wannabeloved85
30-09-05, 16:46
as i write,my mum is on phone about claiming, im actually nervous, i hate drs,they wont visit me and i cant get there! I been like this for 3 yrs and never bothererd to claim, but i figured it might just help me along and im always getting letters asking me what im doing.

desperate
30-09-05, 17:58
hi wanna,

i have put it off for the time being.

let me know how u get on?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Wannabeloved85
30-09-05, 18:06
well mums called,they sending 3 claim packs, incapacity and income support, can only have one of thos though, but dont think ill get incapacity cos never worked. and also sending disability allowence. which is for help getting out and about,for taxi fare etc. my mum gets that aswell.
Monday i gotta call the dr out :( but ill get over it lol i always do! im asking for a female dr though. my mums last dr told my dad i was a lyer,u cant catch! and when he came to see my housebound mum,he made her walk down the street! mean or what!
But i shall not let a dr take advantage of me in any way. ill stand my ground! and if i have to,change drs till i get a more supportive one.
Desperate,may i suggest u just do it?!! lol i dont mean to sound harsh,but ive put it off for 3 yrs,ive lost some right money,that coul help me buy books etc

tattybear
02-10-05, 20:15
Wanna,

I was out of work and was able to claim incapsity...because i am unable to start new job etc, so im sure you'll be fine.

Have been on incapsity since dec, had a medical last week with them (just a formality and a chat) which went fine.

Tatty B xx

Wannabeloved85
03-10-05, 11:00
ok, i should of know this wouldnt be as easy as i thought!
I cannot get a doctor out ATALL! this sux! i cant claim unless i get a sick note and i cant get that w/o a doctor.
They said i cant have a home visit for agoraphobia and p.a's because im not on thyre records for having it in the first place. They asked me to go to the drs, but i only just managed a walk with the dogs yesterday.I cannot do that at all! i ow that for definate!
This is so annoying! ive been this way for 3 yrs and never once asked for help. now im reaching out for help and im being refused. because its not an emergancy, im not seriously ill,dying or had an accidant. BUT thinking that way i might as well be, because im not living!!!
The ony thing i can think to do at the minute is moan!
Any suggestions?
Thnx
Becci x x x

tattybear
03-10-05, 15:22
Have u changed docs recently? Have u ever been to the docs about your agro phobia etc?

Tatty B xx

Wannabeloved85
03-10-05, 16:51
no tatty, never been to docs bout panic attacks or agoraphobia! BUT! i now have result! mum called back for me and a female doc coming out wednesday! woohoo! it was differant secretary who answered the phone the second time round, the first one,katrina, has it in for me and mum cos she just always says 'come down,noughts gonna hurt ya' lol oh well...i win! lol ill let ya know how i get on!
Take care
Becci
x x x

desperate
03-10-05, 17:39
thats good becci!

good luck!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

tattybear
03-10-05, 19:18
Hi Becci,

Thats brill news!

Make sure you explain everything to doc - maybe even write it down so u dont forget anything

Good luck - YOU WILL BE FINE!!

Tatty B xx

Wannabeloved85
05-10-05, 17:14
hey!
Well i waited all morning, was on edge and then as soon as the dr came i was fine lol I wasnt offered an medication which could be a good thing cos ive never took them b4. But she gave me a sick note which my dad is still to pick up lol and im going to get help from a physcatric nrse or something, thats quite worrying lol i think of physciatrical and think of a physciatric ward for crazy ppl. my god i cant spell lol i think u know what i mean though! But she mentioned exposure, which culd be helpful, im dpoing it alone at the moment but its not gong brill! so some coaching could be good.
I mention the nmp online support group, she said thats brilliant! she says im doing good cos ive accepted it and im also doing other things!
So yeah,over all i think it went well!
Becci x xx

Meg
05-10-05, 18:07
Becci

Thats good news that you're going to get some help. Glad your appt went well.

It might take some time to see the CPN so keep doing your own exposure too meanwhile..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Wannabeloved85
05-10-05, 20:17
is that what it is a cpn? lol didnt know lol!
I am going to keep doing my own thing, im not just gonna sit around and wait! Im about to print out some recipes that are natural remedies to heal anxiety, food wise lol and carry on using meditaton and still do my hypnotherapy,that i only did once lol but i need to do that daily for it to have an effect.
Thanks again guys for your support
Take care x x x

Meg
05-10-05, 22:16
Usually a Community Psychiatric Nurse.

You go Becci.. keep going for that walk - you'll be at your sisters soon.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Wannabeloved85
06-10-05, 15:31
thanks meg