PDA

View Full Version : Can any help with similar experience?

srge
23-07-09, 17:50
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone can shed any light on a lump on my leg that is causing me concern. I had a pedicure Monday and noticed that my leg felt bruised in one spot and guessed I had knocked it. Yesterday, while putting on some moisturiser, I felt a lump. It is slightly bigger than a 5p piece and it is hard. It is tender and bruised to touch but has no noticeable colour difference on the skin. (Its on my lower leg - just next to my shin)

Being the HA sufferer that I am, I arranged an appointment with a GP (my usual GP is on annual leave) he looked at it and checked my liver, spleen and glands. He felt they were all normal and came to the conclusion that he "thought" it was a cyst. He said it was smooth and if I felt it get any bigger to go back.

Well, I know it was not there 3 weeks ago - I am not into all these beauty therapies, but I have been to 2 weddings in the last 3 weeks and used moisturiser on my legs, so I am confident it was not there before!

I don't wish to question the prefessional capacity of the GP that I saw today, but feel vulnerable. I made the deadly sin of DR GOOGLE and have now read far too much info on lipoids and sarcoma's. Enough info to self diagnose myself with something sinister.

Has anyone else ever suffered with this and would I be wise to seek a second opinion and ask for further tests.

I am trying desperately to rationalise my thoughts along with the fear of not knowing whether this is something to get checked out.

cassy1989
23-07-09, 18:24
Hello
Are you sure its not just a bruise? As sometimes before bruises heal they will come up as a lump.
When I knocked my shin a few years ago I had a huge hard lump there.

srge
23-07-09, 18:34
Hi Cassy,

I am sure I would remember if I had knocked it. It makes me feel physically sick at the thought of it. I don't know whether to give it a week and see if it gets better or go back tomorrow:weep:

angietomjimandcass
23-07-09, 18:41
yep same as me but on my knee (hey that rymes) dont worry forget about it.

srge
27-07-09, 15:05
I thought I would post a reply as I have just been to see another GP - his analysis of my lump - which still hurts, is that he does not think it is a cyst - he thinks it is thrombosis! (Something else to worry about!)

He advised my why he did not think it was a sarcoma and advised me to go back in 2 weeks if the lump has not gone and they will look into having it removed. He felt confident that it may have gone within 2 weeks.

I left the surgery quite confident and much happier about what he said - until I realised that thrombosis , is potentially fatal. When will us HA sufferers every stop worrying......if its not one thing then its another. It's driving me mad.....

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 15:10
I thought I would post a reply as I have just been to see another GP - his analysis of my lump - which still hurts, is that he does not think it is a cyst - he thinks it is thrombosis! (Something else to worry about!)

He advised my why he did not think it was a sarcoma and advised me to go back in 2 weeks if the lump has not gone and they will look into having it removed. He felt confident that it may have gone within 2 weeks.

I left the surgery quite confident and much happier about what he said - until I realised that thrombosis , is potentially fatal. When will us HA sufferers every stop worrying......if its not one thing then its another. It's driving me mad.....

Just to say that thrombosis in that context is not what it sounds like. Its something similar to a bruise, please dont worry. The dr isnt. They dont leave serious things two weeks just to see if it goes

Really your fine

Lisa
xxxx

srge
27-07-09, 21:42
Thank you Lisa

I'm desperately trying to keep myself occupied to convice myself that it will go away.......thanks again

xxx