PDA

View Full Version : Can't slow down

ANXIETY26
23-09-05, 12:30
I went through a stint of Agrophobia when I was younger. When I eventually got better I felt as If I had lost out on a chunk of my life. This made me want to live life at 100mph. I found that I was rushing to do things and found it hard to relax. I have basically been like this ever since. At work especially , at home, when out doing social things etc. About 10 months ago I came up against a few difficulties in my life and felt like I needed to take a bit of time out. I took a few weeks off work and this made me realise that I was going wrong somewhere. To be honest I think I had a minature breakdown. I have'nt been able to work since. I've gone from doing things at 100mph to doing nothing at all. It's the only way I know how to live, being on the go all of the time. Im struggling to get out at the moment and certainly struggling with this snailspace of living. Any help advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

tygwyn
23-09-05, 13:02
You and me both!!

I have decided that it is not helping me to sit around doing nothing so I keep kicking myself up the arse and telling myself to DO SOMETHING!! I know its not as easy as that but otherwise you just THINK TOO MUCH! (like me!). Get the music on, Get up, and DANCE!!!

go on - give it a try!!

in1peace
24-09-05, 05:25
Anxiety,
Me too. Guess there must me a happy medium? Time to go find it, just as soon as I can force myself to shut off the PC.. LOL!

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

jill
24-09-05, 11:27
Hi :D

Firstly, WELL DONE for getting over your agraphobia when you were younger[^]
You went from house bound to 100mph, you understood that something was going wrong so well done for that. What your mind and body was telling you was to slow down. Take time for yourself and relax a little.
It was telling you that it can.t take this fast pace.
Look back and try and remember how you did it befor, you know it CAN be done.
I know you don't like the snails pace at the moment but this is how it has to been done. Tell yourself not to fear the situation that you are in now, you have been here before and got better and you will do it again.
Set yourself small goals.
Keep a chack on your thoughts. Look for things that make you feel happy, think of things that bring you a smile :D:D

Hay I love dancing, putting on music and dance, dance, dance. This always makes me feel better[^]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

You are being programmed all day every day.
You can't stop it, but you can determine if the
programming is positive or negative.