PDA

View Full Version : Hey please help.

uzumati
24-07-09, 03:07
Hi i'm lee im 19. I have been suffering from anxiety for a while now. My syptoms are usually chest pains and twinges in my chest, just to mention the things that worry me most. And when i start thinking about my health i notice myself start thinking that im not breathing enough and start to breathe deeper, this usually brings on the panic attacks. I'm not currently on medication but probably should be. This anxiety is just ruling my life i sometimes dont leave the house through fear i'll lose control in a public place. I suffer from a new disease every week and even though i know that i am ok there is still a part of me which makes me worry. Last week it was skin cancer and now its brain tumor... I cant stand it anymore. The scariest thing i get is twinges in my heart making me feel like its missed a beat i cant describe them, theyre not painful just very very scary please id like to know if anyone else has experienced these?

kafebrown
24-07-09, 10:45
Hi Lee, you sound just like me! Ive recently started with anxiety, in the last three months, and have similar symptons to you! Im sure what you're suffering from is anxiety. Have you spoken to your Doctor? Ive just started on propranolol to help control my symptons, especially a racing heart and palpitations, and they do seem to be working. I take a low dose of 3x10mg a day. (I've been taken to A&E twice with a rapid heart rate and dizzinessbefore starting on the medication and told it was anxiety and my heart was fine!) Good luck to you, I know how you feel!! Im trying not to avoid situations that make me anxious and make myself do things cos deep down I know I'll be ok!! Angela x

lorac
24-07-09, 12:05
Hi Lee

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol