PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep and feel impulsive - Please help

Oceanblue
24-07-09, 04:02
Can somebody please advise me in what I can do ? I took all the right medications last night Anti-P's, Mood Stabilizers and Sleeping Pills.

I've had just 3 hours sleep and I'm starting to hear things that aren't there again and also feeling impulsive - like i'm going to harm myself. For those that don't know me I have Bipolar, BPD and Anxiety/Panic related Disorder.

I have just called the Crisis Team, and have been told to try and relax as much as I can, keep myself busy if I can't sleep and they will be round in the morning with the duty doctor again.

Has anybody here, got any extra advice they could give me in the meantime please ? I'm feeling very impulsive and I need to sort myself out.

Please, please help. Else I guess i'll have to call Crisis again.

Thank you xx

Oceanblue
24-07-09, 05:07
i've just called the Crisis team again, duty doctor is going to see me in the morning again. I'm trying my hardest to do constructive things to help keep my mind occupied, rather than my mind continuously occupied of thoughts of self harm.
I can't stand this any longer I really can't.

These sleeping tab's aren't working for me and I need a change, sleep deprivation will only make matters worse.

Anyway, Crisis team are coming round asap this morning.

thanks anyway. x

MandySlade
24-07-09, 06:38
Try playing some games online or reading a book maybe? Even if you just watch TV, it's best to distract yourself. When you find your thoughts drifting back to self-harm or other negativity just tell yourself that you're ok. It's the lack of sleep and your disorders getting you into a vicious cycle. You can and will break the cycle. Think back to all the times you've been low and then been ok again. There are always downs, but the ups come too. Focus on that.

Oceanblue
24-07-09, 06:57
Mandyslade - Thanks so much for your help. I will try and do what you have said.

Thank You !! xxxxx

spaced
24-07-09, 14:13
hi katie
I was up all last night too but to stop myself thinking too much I did some reading, some cross stitch and watched a DVD any thing to stop my mind from racing. Next time you can't sleep try do something you find relaxing or enjoy draw, watch your fav film or write, writing always good as it helps express how you feel you can off load the bad feelings onto paper.
Hope your sleep better tonight.

mapmaker
25-07-09, 18:21
Try writing all you thoughts down here in the forum on a thread that you can keep as a journal so you get those thoughts out. then at the end try to put a positive spin on it....

I know how your feeling. I've had a week of insomnia due to night time panic attacks and I'm very vulnerable too. I started my online journal this morning just to get those feelings out.

Also try listening to some soothing music on www.pandora.com (http://www.pandora.com). My therapist recommended it and it does help alittle.

barrowcumbria31
26-07-09, 12:46
I`m pregnant 6-8 wks and having trouble sleeping. Had a really bad week not wanting to get up or do anything, plus have bad ear infection. Only alllowed on certain amount of antideps. Betablockers im on arent helping my sleep when they used to. I read, started diary again but can`t be arsed with that alot of the time. Got pocket trectris game to help. I rely on exercise to help me but got to rliant on it i suppose and need to find other ways to get rid of excess adrenaline. Can anyone help??