PDA

View Full Version : other people using my illness

den68
24-07-09, 11:58
yesterday i made a huge descion. I have had just about enough. Does anyone else find that people at work make horrible remarks, dont speak to you when they feel like it, talk to you like you are thick and then if you say anything back its is are you not feeling well. And then you start questioning yourself. Well today after a long crying session on the phone to my councillor she encouraged me to make a stand against these bullies, so i went in and put a formal complaint on my bosses side. Now im worried if they will all gang together and say its all in my mind ( using my illness to their advantage)
anyone else find this as its really starting to effect my health and pa are back which i had got rid of and iv got a neurology appt next week and cardiology appointment the week after and the girls at work just laugh and say i dont know why your worried you know its your depression or what ever its called
sorry about rant but im angry hurt and scared by all this
denise

doorbell
24-07-09, 14:43
Hello Denise

Yes I totally understand how you're feeling. Unfortunately I have recently had to resign from my job because of anxiety/depression caused by bullying. i went through the company grievance procedure but they did not uphold my complaint-unfortunately you have to be prepared for this. I have found a very helpful website www.jfo.org.uk (http://www.jfo.org.uk) which maybe able to help you.

By the way I'm not encouraging you to give up your job, that was a decision that I felt that I had to make.

I am still recovering from the whole episode which I'm still finding very difficult because I used to be a confident, assertive and tenacious person. My GP has been very supportive and I'm now waiting to see a counsellor to help me regain some control of my life.

Take care and my thoughts are with you.

Doorbell

den68
24-07-09, 16:16
thanks Doorbell
I dont really expect any thing do be done as bullying is hard to prove and may find as you did that i will have to give up my job. It shouldnt be this way but who said life was fair. At least we tried to stop the bullying for ourselves and others. This agro although i suppose yo would call it low key seems to be at the bottom of my anxiety issues and no job is worth it. I hope you feel better soon and are able to put it all behind you. I have worked in other places where this behaviour would not be tolerated so dont think it happens every where
take care
denise