PDA

View Full Version : Irregular Periods

rb1978
24-07-09, 13:51
I've had irregular periods nearly all my adult life. I did regulate into a 5 week cycle at one point and also a few months ago I regulated into a 4 week cycle but they've gone back to usual again - out of whack. I've never really thought too much about it as it's just something I live with. When they come they follow exactly the same pattern, it's just the length of time between them that differs.

As I say I've never thought too much about it except now someone's just said to me that this could be something serious and stupidly I've googled and am now panicking.

I do suffer a lot from stress, and am currently under ridiculous amounts of stress, and always just thought it was this.

LisaLisa
24-07-09, 13:58
I've had irregular periods nearly all my adult life. I did regulate into a 5 week cycle at one point and also a few months ago I regulated into a 4 week cycle but they've gone back to usual again - out of whack. I've never really thought too much about it as it's just something I live with. When they come they follow exactly the same pattern, it's just the length of time between them that differs.

As I say I've never thought too much about it except now someone's just said to me that this could be something serious and stupidly I've googled and am now panicking.

I do suffer a lot from stress, and am currently under ridiculous amounts of stress, and always just thought it was this.
Hi
Yes i think it is too! And whats more if it isnt, then it is either just the way you are or something really minor that you can change if you want to!!

The fact that you have had this all you adult life i would think means that what you have read on the net if at all serious or health threatening just wont apply to you . My friend has always had irregular periods and she doesnt care at all, if I even said to her to look on google she would think it was a waste of time.

Maybe your just feeling anxious and should forget about this until later and see if you are even bothered about it still?!? You might not be when your not feeling so keyed up

Lisa
xxxx

Stressed32
24-07-09, 14:52
Hi rb1978- as long as you have a period each month....that is probably regualr for you. The "normal" cycle length is anywhere from 24-34 days long. If you are going over the 34 days, it really is probably due to stress. This is something that can easily be controlled with birthcontrol and/or progestrone. It will not affect your fertility. The important thing is that there are atleast 12 days from the time you ovulate to the time you start that way if you plan on getting pregnant, there is time for it to implant. Keep in mind....all of this like Lisa said is an easy fix! You can go to the natural food store and by natural progestrone and that will help. Also, red raspberry tea helps regulate hormones and may help to keep your cycles right. Good luck....and try the health food stores.