PDA

View Full Version : as anyone else done this??

wendywoo
24-07-09, 16:21
Hey hi all

i am really considering coming off my meds i am on cipralex 10mg,i feel like its not working causing more harm than good,also feel like i have to put my life on hold as i dont feel in a fit state..if these drugs was so good why dont they work right away got told it could take 12 wks to kick in :yahoo:

nightrider
24-07-09, 17:07
Hi Wendy, I took Cipralex for five weeks (10 mg) untill 4 weeks ago, when I couldn't bare the sides any more, ecpecially that it didn't do much good to me at the first place, I came off cold turkey and been off them since then, I strongly suggest that you decide what you want to do about taking the meds, but unlike me seek your GP's help to stop.

my anxiety is much better now than it was when I was on them, but I still have some problems from the five weeks use of cipralex, or maybe the unstructured halt I did. the main prob I have is my sex drive that completely vanished from the time I started the meds, and hasn't come back yet, whilst before the meds it was never changed despite the anxiety, my advice again is Talk to your doctor if you wanna stop and make sure you try every thing else before the medications.
Hope this helps

BabyRachel
01-12-09, 10:44
When I first started it I felt likeit was doing more harm than good but it turns out my dose was too high? Try speaking to your doctor about possibly lowering yourdose rather than giving up on it completly. xo

Jilly10
11-01-10, 18:48
I'm in week 4 and have just started to see benefits. These last four weeks were hell! My advice is don't give up - it's hard but worth it!

Phill2
12-01-10, 05:15
I've been on 10mg for 5 yrs now.
It gave me my life back.Would highly recommend you give it a bit more time.
Phill

BabyRachel
12-01-10, 05:37
I've been on 10mg for 5 yrs now.
It gave me my life back.Would highly recommend you give it a bit more time.
Phill

Just a question Phill, so you've been on them for five years - they still work as well as when u first started taking them? The effects havent decreased? Ty.. xx

Phill2
12-01-10, 10:16
Hi Rachel
They're still as good as when I started.
The first 3 - 4 weeks were a bit rough but I've been great ever since.
Phill

BabyRachel
12-01-10, 11:17
Thanks so much for your reply. I was worried mine would stop working and I would need to change! lol. xx

Dee01
12-01-10, 14:53
I would give it more time too. I'm on them 6 years and like Phill, they've given me my life back. Try stick it out, but if you can't make sure you talk to your doctor before you do anything drastic!