PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

Ryanthegunner
24-07-09, 18:47
Right i have a few questions, i wondered if they where anxiety / OCD related or just me? So i thought id see what people said.

I bite my nails alot (alll the time) is this something to do with anxiety?

Every night i seem to have a weird dream and wake up not having a clue what im acturallly thinking, anyone else have this?

Going light headed alot and feeling like im not acturally there.

Sweaty hand all the time.

Lack of intrest of things i usto enjoy and having spells when i wonder what is acturally fun.

Thinking about the same thing ALOT (computer game, girl i like, tele program etc.)

I just wondered how many of thoose things are anxiety/ OCD related.

Thanks for reading!

wiskersonkittens
24-07-09, 19:13
Ryan, I can answer this simply: all of the above. Nail biting CAN be a compulsion to alleviate anxiety (like for me bruxism -- or clenching my teeth); weird dreams and disorientation also from an exhausted and anxious mind; sweaty hand and light headedness -- just one of many lovely symptoms that plague us (but be sure to keep a watch on the sweating and if it becomes too excessive you should see your doctor); lack of interest in things you used to enjoy -- sounds like anxiety and can be OCD related if it affects you so much you no longer see life's pleasures but burdons. Could also be a sign of depression, too. Thinking about things A LOT -- hmm .. to what degree? Do you have to concentrate on these things and are they with you for days, weeks, months and not able to stop? Could be the O of OCD (I am primarily the O part, myself); or it could just be anxiety. I think if you are thinking about things A LOT you are trying to resolve something -- have any of these things caused you stress or triggered your anxiety perhaps? I think overall you are a classic case of anxiety and perhaps depression. OCD is questionable, but possible.

Check out the OCD part of this forum and see if you relate to any of it. Also, check out www.anxietycentre.com (http://www.anxietycentre.com) and click on "anxiety symptoms," you won't believe the plethera of things anxiety can make us feel! Best of luck to you! Keep me posted! Hugs, Wiskers ~

Ryanthegunner
24-07-09, 19:32
I looked on the website alot of that stuff is what happens to me.

Well ive been have bad anxiety/ OCD for a month now, its slowly getting better, i believe.

Like if i have a girl on my mind i will keep thinking "oh shes text back" or i keep watching my phone? Small things like that.

My hands are always clamy and sweaty though. I think ive always been like that, but its not like water drips of them, so its not really a concern.

Hopefully i get better in a few weeks or months. Im trying to get rid of it. But i think its going to take time. Im waiting for couselling aswell which hopefully helps.

Thanks for you help/ advice :)

wiskersonkittens
24-07-09, 19:44
Ryan, you are very welcome. I think what is important at this point, Ryan, is to find out what the trigger was. What event in your life caused this. I feel I have always had it, but last year when my grandmother died, it got out of control. I had a nervous breakdown and am still OCDing all over the place. Basically it is worse now. However, understanding what caused this is more than half the battle. Perhaps a therapist can help you sort that out. I think you will be just fine. Just takes time and patience. Hugs, Wiskers ~

Ryanthegunner
24-07-09, 19:50
There is no spercfic reason that i can think off. It could be getting really drunk one night (it happened a few days later), it could be telling a girl who i been friends with for a long time i had feelings for her (it happened the day after). There the only things i can think of. But i dont know how i can go from fine, to thinking im going to become a peadophille and a murderer. I was so bad at one point i couldnt be on my own, i was scared of my room. But im getting better now because im doing things i couldnt do before. Yeah they might be able to help me understand more.

wiskersonkittens
24-07-09, 19:58
Ok -- with those other intrusive thoughts, I would chock you up to OCD. Those thoughts can be so disturbing and debilitating .. and consuming. I am glad to hear you feel you are getting better. That is good news! And, yes, alchohol can trigger anxiety attacks and you did put yourself in a vulnerable position by expressing your feelings to this girl -- hmm .. that also be anxiety provoking; but, I think you are right, those couple of things wouldn't be behind the OCD. As with all of us, the mystery lies within, it seems locked away and we don't have the key. Does anyone out there have a skeleton key??!! :) Please know you can PM me anytime if it comes back and you just need a sounding board. W ~ :)