PDA

View Full Version : help dating dilema

deb-22
25-07-09, 12:54
I need some advice please . Ive been on my own for 4 years before this my anxiety was not as bad as it is now, I have a 15 year old son and have made him my life. I used to go out with my friends every friday night, then as my anxiety got worse I stayed in
Now a friend of mine her husband has a friend who would like to take me out he txt last week and asked to arrange something I had a right panic felt dizzy and shakey and txt back I was busy. I wished Id had the confidence to go . He has text again saying we will re arrange. He wont keep asking will he and I dont want to be on my own all my life . The doctor prescribed me diazepam for severe attacks..... do I take one of these or do I not go. I just want to feel normal again thanks for reading :ohmy:

BLUEROSE1981
25-07-09, 13:03
:) hi, i think you should go, if you need to take medication to calm you down then that's fine, you won't beat anxiety if you avoid stressful situations, this could be what you need going out is a great confidence booster and faces anxiety head on,:yesyes:

deb-22
25-07-09, 13:20
hi blue rose thanks for the reply I just hope I dont say something stupid or make a ass of myself xx thanks xx

Louise21
25-07-09, 13:27
Hi,
Do try and go as it will be good for you.
Maybe you could just have a very small amount of Diazepam to calm you down? I did this yesterday as I've had a really bad week of anxiety and knew I should get out, even if it required medication to do so.
Best wishes,
Louise

Kieran
25-07-09, 15:05
I'm having this problem at the moment.

I can't bare the thought of going out on a date. I can't really pinpoint why im being like this, but I get a bit panicky when I think about it.

mick_uk
25-07-09, 15:15
Hi,
You have to go if you can. As louise said just take a small ammount of diazapam just to get you there. Prehaps your friends could explain to the guy your situation,I'm sure he'll understand.

mick

Jaco45er
25-07-09, 15:22
Yip mick is right, try and go if you can. You will probably go out, be anxious for a start, then soon wonder why you was anxious and enjoy the night :)

Mind you, if the fella is like Mick, you will need a bigger amount of diazapam ;)

Good luck

Jaco

mick_uk
25-07-09, 15:30
Jaco is right, most of my dates had to take tranquilizers to get through the evening :D

Some still sit in darkened rooms staring out into the distance :wacko:

bottleblond
25-07-09, 15:32
Hi Deb

Can you maybe arrange to go somewhere quite close to home to begin with so you don't feel so 'out there' so to speak?

You could also try talking half a tablet to see how you get on and if you feel you are still a bit nervy then you could take the other half?

Try to go hun because you would probably have a lovely time
Let us know what happens and very best of luck
Lisa
xxx

deb-22
26-07-09, 16:45
thanks for your replies the lads made me laugh Ive been and brought an expensive new top.... cant believeI need medication to try and have a good time thank you all I will let you know how I get on xxx oooohhhhhh