PDA

View Full Version : definately panic attacks? please help......

kafebrown
25-07-09, 16:41
I have been taken to A&E twice with a racing heart and dizziness twice in three months. Both times in the middle of the night. I have gone to bed and woken suddenly, sweating, feeling sick, unable to breathe and dizzy with a rapid pulse. After blood tests and ecgs I have been told its probably down to panic attacks and anxiety. Im confused as to how this can happen in my sleep..........
I believe I am a worrier and do worry about my health a lot. Doctor has now put me on propranolol, 3x10mg a day. They do seem to work but I think they are giving me a headache, a fuzzy feeling! I am waiting for a 24 hour ecg. Heart scan seemed to be normal.
Can you have panic attacks during sleep and can propranolol give you a fuzzy head? Thanks Angela xx

WillyB
25-07-09, 17:14
My mother was awoken a few months ago in the night and did know what was happening, she had all the things you listed. She called 999 thinking something terrible was happening and they said it sounds like you're having a panic attack and she calmed down a short while after.

Im on propranolol at the moment, they seem to be working a bit and im not sure about the fuzzy head, i feel so abnormal anyway i dont think id notice.

melvin
25-07-09, 17:20
hi mate the answer is yes you can panic during sleep i have been woken lots of times now with really bad sweating then feeling feel like u cant breath or to fast i just do deep breathing and put my fan on at side of bed they can be frighting don't know if its owt to do with bad dreams or having bad days

mapmaker
25-07-09, 18:40
I've had night panic attacks every night for a month.......its really disturbing and given me insomnia....so yes... you can get them and they do exist. Talk to your doctor about it and see if they can help you. I have. I have propanolol too and take it often when I have these night panic attacks.

Chips
26-07-09, 00:27
Hi Angela. Propranolol can certainly give you a fuzzy head and generally make you feel a bit dopey. I've been taking them for around a month now and still feel a bit fuzzy occasionally but I find they stop the racing heart very effectively.

kafebrown
26-07-09, 10:53
Thank you all for your replies! Its good to know i'm not the only one suffering! Angela x