PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brighton

kathee
25-07-09, 23:50
I have moved from Up North to Brighton in Feb and am feeling very isolated. The fact that i am a 49 year old mother who is a full time carer to her 20year ol disabled daughter does not help as i do not really have the opportunity to get out and meet people, my husband works full time.- my anxiety / panic attacks have become bad over the last 6 months I think due to the fact that everything is still unfamiliar. I miss my friends - grown up children and grandchildren very much which makes the low mood worse :-( - would love to chat to someone local in my age group.

thank you in advance
Kath

pollyanna
26-07-09, 00:18
Hi Kath,

Im sorry that you are struggling to adjust to your new environment, its early days in your adjustment, and it is made worse by the fact that you are a full time carer and isolated.Do you have or want any support in caring for your daughter, perhaps its something you could look into, giving you both sometime apart from one another and leaving you free to do something for yourself.
i know that probably sounds easier said than done, and there may be lots of factors to consider, but you need to look after yourself too.

I hope you find someone to chat to nearer home , unfortunately i live in glasgow , but if you ever wanted to chat, feel free to pm me.
Take care and best wishes

Pauline :flowers:
I

Louise21
26-07-09, 08:47
Hi Kath,
So sorry to read how you're suffering at the moment.
I don't live in the Brighton area but have been there numerous times and like it a lot, but can understand how hard it is for you moving to a new area and having to start again.
Are there any carers' support groups where you are?
Please feel free to pm me and please continue posting to let us know how you are.
Love,
Louise.

kathee
26-07-09, 17:16
thank you everyone x