PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

shell1
26-07-09, 00:04
Hi I've been on this site a few times over the last couple of years, but always been too scared to actually register as I've never used forums or chat rooms and all a bit scary...
Have had anxiety for a while, I think, looking back, although my GP has never diagnosed anything- I was finally referred to mental health team last year but they said that there were no secondary health services available in my area, and as I seemed to be coping I didn't need acute services? I don't think I am coping particularly well but am able to give all the right answers when asked- as a nurse its really hard being the patient and asking for help? At the moment its my crazy anxiety about my health thats really causing me stress- have been able to feel a 'lump' in my throat for months now.. GP has given me omeprazole which I haven't started taking yet, as I'm sure she didn't actually listen to what I described and has missed something much more sinister- found this site again as searched my symptoms on google (big mistake) and it came up with globus hystericus- wish I believed it was something that simple..not that I think thats an easy condition to have, its just I'm so so sure I have something terminal. Particularly as I'm a smoker. Sounds stupid when you actually say it, but I really believe it. Anyway, read loads on here that made me feel better so thanks everyone :)

Geoff2301
26-07-09, 11:32
Believe me..... these lumps in the throat feel real even if they're not! Years ago, I was on the back of a motorbike being driven by by ex wife...... she'd still be my wife if she hadn't crashed!! Anyway, got a puncture and ended up sprawled across the road with loads of cuts and bruises........ next day felt this lump in my throat which lasted for weeks and felt really horrible....... all caused by the stress of the crash!

carclay
26-07-09, 11:55
I know exactly how u feel, have said lump right now after having panic attacks for las couple of days. trying my best to keep control but very difficult, feel the need for trip to doctors tomorrow. hubby has looked in my throat and nothing there!

just try and stay positive, have had these "lumps" many times before and they do eventually go.